• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

willstyles

Bencher
Two interesting stats to emerge from one of the rugby league publications this week.

Josh Perry played more minutes last Friday (72 minutes) than he has every played in one match before in his career. Can you imagine the dough-boy that used to wear a Knights jersey every doing that at Marathon Stadium? Credit goes to Dessie and rest of the fitness coaches at Manly for finally getting him into decent shape.

The other one was that Scott Prince (AKA the best player in the comp at the moment) has had more touches than all but one halfback in the comp this year. The only number 7 to touch the footy more is Matt Orford. That adds weight to the point that everyone around here has been making that our attack is far, far too predictable.

Prince has 10 try assists to Orford's 8. Prince number 1 in NRL for this stat.

Prince 6 Line Break assists to Orford 4. Prince number 1 again

Orford has made 13 errors to Prince's 3. This places Orford 4th in the NRL for errors. Ben Pomeroy number 1 with 15

Orford leads the comp in kicks though, with 86 kicks (Cronk second with 79 for 2037m)

Orford also has the most kick metres with 2500m (ahead of Prince 2047m from 68 kicks).

Not a dig at Orford. If anything it is defending him.

That stat shows that Manly have no other options and he is forced to be the focal point of our entire attack, which is why it is so predictable.

If anything it is a shot at the way we are coached, and it highlights why we should be so easy to shut down.

why not dig at orford, he has been average at best as a No7 so far this year.

He is not the first half to play at Manly without a true 5/8th outside him, i read that since cliffy left we are up to over 20 5/8's

As channel 9 said last weekend, Cuthbo took a lot of pressure off Orford with his ball playing.

Start the guy FFS!

I don't like Cuthobo starting.  His defense worries me and maybe best to send him on when the really rough stuff has subsided.  Then he can rush the fringes but someone has to trail him for those miracle offloads.

Fluffy link said:
why not dig at orford, he has been average at best as a No7 so far this year.

He is not the first half to play at Manly without a true 5/8th outside him, i read that since cliffy left we are up to over 20 5/8's

Yep and what have we achieved since Cliffy retired Fluff? SFA

Orford has done the best job since then in taking us to a GF

Was an interesting feature in the Manly Daily this weekend on 5/8s since Cliffy has retired. Manly (and as they forgot - the Northern Eagles) have had over 20 people in the position since the magician finished playing with us. Made interesting reading with Travis Burns having played there the most games - 32 or so. Article basically said that noone has made the position their own or set the world on fire. Jamie Lyon has played 5/8 19 times and was one of the highest on the list with other such notables like Adam Hayden, Jye Mullane and some of the stars in the Beagles era.

Hey CW I'd be interested in the full list of 20 if they had them all written down. I'm sure there is some wonderful names on there. I could only come up with about a dozen off the top of my head.

The fact that Burns topped the most games count speaks volumes about the lack of talent we have had in the 6 since Clifford retired (when was that exactly ?? 10 years ago ??)

I will try and dig the paper out of the recycling if I can. Nigel Roy even managed one game there along with Brendon Reeve, Luke Dorn, Michael Witt plus a whole lot of nonames.

Off the top of my head

Lyon
Burns
Monas
Beaver
Willo
Harris
Witt
Mullane
A Walker
B Walker
Dorn