Stats update - round 11

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Here are the top 5's

Metres total
Watmough 1303
Kite 1211
BK 1128
Matai 1117
Bell 973
Bryant 973

Metres avg
BK 125
Matai 124
Kite 121
Watmough 118
Bell 97

Total tackles
Watmoug 336
Burns 312
Menzies 274
Monas 249
BK 222

Avg Tackles
Watmough 31
Burns 28
Beaver 27
Monas 23
King 19

Mistackles
Burns 44
Beaver 38
Matai 36
Monas 34
Orford 29

Avg Mistackles
Matai 4
Burns 4
Beaver 3.8
Monas 3.1
Orford 2.6

Best % effective
Willo 95.2
BK 94.9
Steppa 93.6
Watmough 92.6
Bell 91.4
Note both Tutt and Glenn stewart are at 92%

erros
Beaver 16
Watmough 16
Orford 15
Matai 11
Hicks 11

Avg errors
Beaver 1.6
watmough 1.45
orford 1.36
stewy 1.25
matai 1.2

Least errors
Willo 1
Dunley 2
Monas 3
Bryant 3
King 4
Bell 4
Steppa 4

Not including player who have played less than 5 games

Good stuff Fluffy, makes you wonder how Choc missed out on a city country spot. His handleing woes were obviousely more obviouse than Beavers.

<< am speechless. Probably will have something poignant to say in near future. Until then, hmmmmmmmmmm. Cheers & thanks for the info Fluffy.

Very revealing though stats only reveal part of the total picture. (I had to say that!)

Beaver is very versatile which means he gets picked in a way that Choc won't. Certain positions impact on stats - backs generally defend one on one and wingers etc have to field kicks meaning that error comparisons are fairly pointless.

to true CW however you can compare winger to wingers and centres to centres etc

Interestingly steppa has a very good tackle % this year, having played mostly on the wing - always good to see big improvements like that.

Good reading, it's also good to see that BK isn't way ahead of the rest.
Also interesting to see that King still doesn't feature to much in there.

It would be good to see penalties conceded, apparently Burns features high up in that list for the NRL. Top 3.

king is at 96m per game and about 89% effective tackles so just off the list on both of those - his stats read allright even comparing to our number 1 prop

Does the '% effective tackled' mean that the tackled player wasn't able to get the ball away? I noticed two tackles in the storm game where Burns jolted the ball loose, of course meaning our possession. He's small so he has to jump to secure the ball thereby making himself vulnerable to stupid referees thinking his hits are on the highside. I think he's the one player who'se really got the side going this year. Made the 5/8 position strong and secure for us after years of stuffing around.

% effective is how many you tackles you make out of how many attempted (made +missed)

ie 90% effective means 10% of tackles missed or 1 out of 10 tackles missed

Does the '% effective tackled' mean that the tackled player wasn't able to get the ball away? I noticed two tackles in the storm game where Burns jolted the ball loose, of course meaning our possession. He's small so he has to jump to secure the ball thereby making himself vulnerable to stupid referees thinking his hits are on the highside. I think he's the one player who'se really got the side going this year. Made the 5/8 position strong and secure for us after years of stuffing around.

I'm starting to agree with this view on Burns, I notice that he's learning to shut his trap. If he cuts out the penalties he'll get even better.

I saw him pushing around Walker, not a hard task. But bloody funny :)

Give him enough time next to Orford and he will develop his attack. I think he will be one of our key players in a couple of years time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4