Stats say Manly are a big chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Come next Thursday all eyes will be back on the 2017 NRL Premiership. Barring major injuries, there are six sides that could possibly win the title: the Cowboys, Broncos, Rosters, Sea Eagles, Sharks and the Storm.

However, when you look at the stats it becomes clear that the current top three are the sides most likely.

When all the statistical categories are examined they average out the best.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/06/six-contenders-storm-sharks-sea-eagles-will-win-2017/

The most amazing stat - and conclusion drawn - is that the three teams that concede the most penalties are The Storm, Manly and Sharks, the top three teams! Rather than concluding that this is because the refs favour losing teams in trying to even up a contest, this Bozo says it's because these three teams are cheating!
So, rival coaches will no doubt be instructing their teams to give away more penalties because it gives their team a better chance to win.
Seriously?
This Bozo is deluded.

Some clown in today's paper rates us in "the top half of the 8".

In 5th spot !!??

Now old mate comes along and says we are successful purely because we get pinged a lot on out own line....
Are these 'experts' chewing on the beetle nut these days ??

Last edited:
Some clown in today's paper rates us in "the top half of the 8".

In 5th spot !!??

Now old mate comes along and says we are successful purely because we get pinged a lot on out own line....
Are these 'experts' chewing on the beetle nut these days ??
Who said it?

He comes to the statistical conclusion that the top three teams are:
storm
Manly, then
sharks

But then he says the gf will probably be between the storm and the sharks.

Because you know...Manly and all that.

storm
Manly, then
sharks

Hilarious to watch them knock each other out in the semis :D

Manly just keep winning :inlove:

The most amazing stat - and conclusion drawn - is that the three teams that concede the most penalties are The Storm, Manly and Sharks, the top three teams! Rather than concluding that this is because the refs favour losing teams in trying to even up a contest, this Bozo says it's because these three teams are cheating!
So, rival coaches will no doubt be instructing their teams to give away more penalties because it gives their team a better chance to win.
Seriously?
This Bozo is deluded.

Interesting stat - but most likely because they are winning. So by conceding a penalty or two (or three) on their goal line they know that the opposition won't take the gift two points on offer...so concede again and trust your defence.

As for Maloney's stat - he may be the most penalised in the past five years but he's played in two winning GF teams.

Haha what a suprise i notice he contradicts himself not once but twice .manly don't make enough metres to be title contenders he says yet their defence is superb. Yet while brownnoses the broncs cows sharks by saying they're not scoring enough tries. .but their defence proves that it wins you games. .which is true of course yet we're not title contenders due to metres gained yet our defence is awesome and we're the only team close to scoring as many tries as storm? What a suprise.its good though cos it plays into our under the radar sceme of things lol

Simple question

If Manly force more line drop outs than other Teams, don't they only have to run the ball from halfway, thereby reducing their meters gained stat by a good 50 meters per drop out? :think:

I like the fact that we lead the points scored and least errors stats :clap:

giphy.gif

storm
Manly, then
sharks

If it is Storm V Sharks in GF it will be the second year in a row that I don't watch it

I have a strange feeling we are going to lose the GF to the Storm.

It would accually please the Nein Regime as they could do some massive fluff pieces on Billly and Cronks last games for the Storm and it would be up against their old enemy Manly.

They could show the 2007 -08 GF's in the lead up with some massive Cam Smith love fest. The ratings in QLD would be huge.

Cronk and Billy will do a lap and be declared Immortals by the commentators.

I just threw up in my mouth a little at the thought of it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8