State of Origin 2020 discussion

3-0 coming up , although I don’t really give a **** and think the thing should be postponed until 2021.
Sadly as you say Mark it's all about the money, I'd be more concerned about the welfare of the players, the speed at which Origin is played is going to severely test many of these athletes in the conditions, I hope there's no medical emergencies as a result of this, there is such a thing as duty of care which should come before ratings or $$$ IMO

NSW to bring some joy to an otherwise dismal season.
C Walker will get picked ahead of Keary imo.
Cmon NSW.

Papenhuzen has to be in the 17 somewhere.
Queensland will be hoping he doesn't get picked.

Sadly as you say Mark it's all about the money, I'd be more concerned about the welfare of the players, the speed at which Origin is played is going to severely test many of these athletes in the conditions, I hope there's no medical emergencies as a result of this, there is such a thing as duty of care which should come before ratings or $$$ IMO
All about the money the broadcasters pay and not much else.

Consider also , IF, they are banking on a normal season for 2021( at least in terms of start date ) then clubs have to be back training again in November so with the players having to have a six week break some players may not even see a training ground until mid to late January.

Hardly ideal for an early March kick off.

All about the money the broadcasters pay and not much else.

Consider also , IF, they are banking on a normal season for 2021( at least in terms of start date ) then clubs have to be back training again in November so with the players having to have a six week break some players may not even see a training ground until mid to late January.

Hardly ideal for an early March kick off.
Well I guess that's a silver lining after our atrocious season, an extra short off-season.

Well I guess that's a silver lining after our atrocious season, an extra short off-season.
I guess for our players only DCE & Jake will be late to the party , the rest of them could be back at work in just a few short weeks.

NSW to bring some joy to an otherwise dismal season.
C Walker will get picked ahead of Keary imo.
Cmon NSW.
Question for you feathered friend ...
How many times has the Maroon proud pedigree underdog has bitten your NSW arses ?
Answer is...... Plenty
cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06.jpg

Its great to see all the NSW big egos enjoying their pre SOO celebrations have such short memories of the Legendary Magic Maroon Jersey that inspires and lifts the spirit and souls of every player that proudly wears it
The Legend of the Maroon spirit lives on ....
Melbourne Cricket Ground. Rugby league's second coming in 1995. And a largely non-descript Queensland team headed south to complete Mission Impossible and pull off what is still the most unlikely State of Origin series win in its 38-year history.

The Maroons, captained by Trevor Gillmeister but mostly comprised of little-celebrated players who were fresh in first grade or had had little chance of playing Origin if not for the game's Super League split that saw a dozen established Queensland players banned from competing in the series.

They had somehow defied the tipsters and bookies, who gave them 19.5 points start in game one in Sydney, winning 2-0 in the match made famous for Billy Moore's "Queenslander" rants as the Maroons appeared from the dressing room at half-time – a moment that has become legendary.
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!

Queensland Maroons squad
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!

TROLL!!! TROLL!!! TROLL!!! ad infinitum.

Rugby league's second coming in 1995. And a largely non-descript Queensland team headed south to complete Mission Impossible and pull off what is still the most unlikely State of Origin series win in its 38-year history.
Fittler would be aware of that series and will prepare the Blues team appropriately to avoid any complacency. It will probably be a close series as always.

Last edited:
Team purely picked on form!

Tedesco
Addo Carr
Wighton
Gutho
Tupou
Walker
Cleary
Paulo
Cook
Jake
A.Crichton
Frizell
Murray

RCG
Haas
N. Brown/ Yeo
Papenhauzen

No room for Keary, Cordner or Cotric in my 17 although they'll probably get picked, especially Cordner the Captain.

Its great to see all the NSW big egos enjoying their pre SOO celebrations have such short memories of the Legendary Magic Maroon Jersey that inspires and lifts the spirit and souls of every player that proudly wears it
The Legend of the Maroon spirit lives on ....
Melbourne Cricket Ground. Rugby league's second coming in 1995. And a largely non-descript Queensland team headed south to complete Mission Impossible and pull off what is still the most unlikely State of Origin series win in its 38-year history.

The Maroons, captained by Trevor Gillmeister but mostly comprised of little-celebrated players who were fresh in first grade or had had little chance of playing Origin if not for the game's Super League split that saw a dozen established Queensland players banned from competing in the series.

They had somehow defied the tipsters and bookies, who gave them 19.5 points start in game one in Sydney, winning 2-0 in the match made famous for Billy Moore's "Queenslander" rants as the Maroons appeared from the dressing room at half-time – a moment that has become legendary.
I was actually born in Queensland but thank christ I was removed to the normalcy of NSW before there was any damage inflicted, it was a close one phewww!!

No room for Keary, Cordner or Cotric in my 17 although they'll probably get picked, especially Cordner the Captain.
Freddy might prefer the established Roosters combination of Tedesco, Keary & Cordner. Cotric was the Raiders best player in the prelim final against the Storm. Wing selection could depend on what wingers the Maroons select, e.g. Tupou better to mark a tall winger like Coates?

Freddy might prefer the established Roosters combination of Tedesco, Keary & Cordner. Cotric was the Raiders best player in the prelim final against the Storm. Wing selection could depend on what wingers the Maroons select, e.g. Tupou better to mark a tall winger like Coates?
I have to respectfully disagree about Cotric. Raiders are my 2nd team and I was at the Raiders Storm game. Cotric was found out a number of times in defence and 2 of his errors lead directly to storm tries, he did a couple nice runs but was average everywhere else.
He went backwards this year and a lot of my Raiders mates are happy he is leaving.

Agreed Keary and Cordner will probably get picked. Tupou also has that Roosters combination on the left edge.

Cotric was found out a number of times in defence and 2 of his errors lead directly to storm tries, he did a couple nice runs but was average everywhere else.
You are correct. Just rewatched the highlights. Although he scored a couple of tries, his defence was lacking.
Tupou also has that Roosters combination on the left edge.
I doubt Addo-Carr will be shifted from the left wing. Tupou could be probably equally effective on the right.

Fittler would be aware of that series and will prepare the Blues team appropriately to avoid any complacency. It will probably be a close series as always.
Being aware and actually trying to stop the might of the Maroon hurricane spirits force that is about to strike are two different things all together feathered friend .

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2