Starting wingers??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
No doubt Manly go into 2012 with high expectation but the 1 position definately weakened is on the Wings. Both GF wingers are gone with Mr underrated Robbo who has been arguably our most consistent player for the past several seasons off to the UK. The other young winger love or hate him, was the most gifted youngster in the game & the metres he picked up to get us on a roll or in great field position will be hard to replace.
Who does everyone have as the top 4-5 wingers at the Seaeagles for 2012??
For mine its - Wolf - Oldfield - Whare - Farrar - Sipley

Without sounding bitter based on performance i still rate David Williams over Hopoate. If i had a Manly team playing for my life i'd have him and Robbo on the wings

Surely Wolf and Oldfield would be our wingers for this season.
MK Eagle said:
No doubt Manly go into 2012 with high expectation but the 1 position definately weakened is on the Wings. Both GF wingers are gone with Mr underrated Robbo who has been arguably our most consistent player for the past several seasons off to the UK. The other young winger love or hate him, was the most gifted youngster in the game & the metres he picked up to get us on a roll or in great field position will be hard to replace.

Napper said:
Without sounding bitter based on performance i still rate David Williams over Hopoate. If i had a Manly team playing for my life i'd have him and Robbo on the wings

MK Eagle said:

Whoever makes it should bring a rug , thermos and esky and don't forget the barbecue either as he will have a picnic with the superb Sea Eagles backline inside of him..

I thought Farrar was superb for us in a team that struggled, and I'm delighted he is back. He can fit into all backline positions, so I'm sure he'll get his chance, and he won't let us down.
I doubt Wolfman will be ready to start in round one; he'll need to ease his way back; so I expect Farrar and Oldfield to be our wingers in the first match of the season.

Napper said:

MK Eagle said:

I actually claimed while they were playing for us, I'd rather Williams in for Hopoate, so I totally appreciate what you are saying. It's the other wing position that is up for grabs, and at this stage, I'd probably go for Farrar.

Wolfy and Farrar. Ben is also a great backup at full back.

Cant wait for the WCC, as the Leeds' winger was the most effective Player lor the UK.

The Who said:
I thought Farrar was superb for us in a team that struggled, and I'm delighted he is back. He can fit into all backline positions, so I'm sure he'll get his chance, and he won't let us down.
I doubt Wolfman will be ready to start in round one; he'll need to ease his way back; so I expect Farrar and Oldfield to be our wingers in the first match of the season.

I rate Farrar too.

Wolfman and Farrar for mine ..

The Eagle said:
If Farrar has any time at fullback ill just lose my s**t, he can't catch an std in a brothel
c'mon Shane. tell us how many std's you caught last time you visited such an establishment :D

Wolfie and Oldfield starting wingers IMO. Whare next in line then Farrar. In saying that I rekon Tooves will go with Wolfie (if fit) and Farrar.

Wolf and Oldfield. Give Oldfield at least til Round 15 so he can have some consistency, rather than being in for 1 then out for 5. He has some class.

eagles2win said:
Didn't Blake Davey play wing in the NSW cup last season?

He's gone to Newcastle now unfortunately, apparently the powers that be didn't want him. Shame, I rated him as a future star.

Wolf and Farrar, also highly rate Olds and Whare. Fantastic that Farrar is back after a stint in the UK, I believe the club would've never let him leave if they could've squeezed him in under the cap. Robbo was one of the very best, rock solid and consistent and will be missed.

is farrah ben's cousin? no farrar on the wing, too slow, remember two years ago everyone either running around or past him. Solid player who won't make many mistakes but not the answer.

wolf and Farrar with oldfield next in line. Realistically with Wolfy likely injured it will be Oldfield and Farrar

All those wingers mentioned will not let us down, they will make us proud!!!

Daniel said:
wolf and Farrar with oldfield next in line. Realistically with Wolfy likely injured it will be Oldfield and Farrar

Trials form might also have a bit to do with selection, although wingers can be starved of the ball for long periods in any game. Could be a bolter from almost nowhere will be successful. And if speed is the essential ingredient, training sprints will quickly sort this out. But there is much more than speed. Robbo had a complete game almost free of errors in offence, defence, high ball etc.,but he wasn't the fastest winger. But he was the most effective available. and his reputation today is a very high one. It could take all candidates for the 2012 wing positions a very long time to equal Robbo's contributions.

Ben Farrar will prove to be worth his weight in gold during the season. His super sub ability will be greatly appreciated. As stated in another thread, we have maybe the best backline in the NRL. But we also have maybe the most injury prone. Ben will be an extremely important member of the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2