Starting #9 next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you want to be #9 to start next year?

• Danny Levi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lachlan Croker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zac Docker-Clay

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Cade Cust

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Harry Grant

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Brandon Smith

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Sam Verrills

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Freddy Lussick

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Matt Parcell

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Danny Levi has had his moments in 2020. He has shown glimpses of being a good dummy half, but they have been inconsistent and very much few and far between.

For someone who has reached the highest level of the sport having played 4 tests for New Zealand (all in 2017) and one for Samoa in 2019 ... Levi should be a fair bit better and more consistent than he is. The sad thing is that Lachlan Croker, a converted 5/8, has actually proved to be a smarter dummy half with a lot more awareness about things and where the ball needs to go, but he's also countered that because his execution has been very poor, especially at crucial times.

Levi and Croker have tried hard, not doubting that one bit. Its just been a bit of a disaster in its execution because neither are very good at it.

So as for 2021 with (I think) neither Levi or Croker remaining at Manly, and with Walks apparently staying and the emergence of Schuster, Cade Cust might well be our best bet as a #9 until Fainu is back on the park. Remember that he was a hooker in the juniors and only got moved to the halves when in the U/20s in 2017.
I have to disagree re Cocker. Absolutely no footy smarts in any position on the field. Looks like a deer in headlights, just not NRL standard. Offers nothing and actually hinders the attack. Have never seen a less threatening ball player. Whenever he has been on the field it's hard to watch us. Very, very ordinary player. Needs to get the tap on the shoulder

A struggling club will never attract a big name hooker replacement without paying overs. That in turn will exacerbate our already unbalanced salary cap.

Last edited:
I have to disagree re Cocker. Absolutely no footy smarts in any position on the field. Looks like a deer in headlights, just not NRL standard. Offers nothing and actually hinders the attack. Have never seen a less threatening ball player. Whenever he has been on the field it's hard to watch us. Very, very ordinary player. Needs to get the tap on the shoulder
Couldn't agree more.
Frog showed today that he is not up to standard in any position.

A struggling club will never attract a big name hooker replacement without paying overs. Tgat in turn will exacerbate our already unbalanced salary cap.
You are probably right, but I think the reality is that there is such a lack of quality hookers generally. Same with halfbacks and five eights. This is probably why the club is willing to take the punt on Manase.

I think I’ve seen enough of Randall now to say yes make him an offer he can’t refuse. Good balance and good passing. Defence is willing and busy.

Going to be harder now to sign a quality hooker with Manase re-signed.

If you're a quality hooker, why would you come here for a one year deal and then find yourself most likely looking for another club 12 months later when other clubs will offer you a 2-3 year deal at least.

Going to be harder now to sign a quality hooker with Manase re-signed.

If you're a quality hooker, why would you come here for a one year deal and then find yourself most likely looking for another club 12 months later when other clubs will offer you a 2-3 year deal at least.
Yes exactly, that is why maybe a player like Jazz Tevanga who can also play lock. I think Faniu won't be playing 80 mins for a while, need a tough defensive hooker to start, then bring Faniu on off the bench

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6