Starting 9 for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will start at #9 in 2021

• Foran

• Cust

• Fainu

• Croker

• Docker-Clay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Foran could well start at 9 and would be absolutely a perfect idea...though with the amount of injuries the past 5 years taking a toll, it's a Massive expectation to handle the rigours of a dummy half role with a battered body...in saying that, a fit Foran would make a very competent 9 - Fainu will then rightfully take his place and sooner the better.
Forans biggest contribution to this youthful Manly team could well be his contribution off the field as much as on it.

If all are fit, i have said this before. Id have schuster and foz in the halves. DCE to hooker. His kicking out of dummy half if he chooses to , could be a big win for the team . He wont go to the line to kick currently choosing to kick from way behind the ruck, which is a major hurdle to our field position. From dummy half he Is much better placed to take advantage of his mighty kick

His general kicking game sucks 90% of the time and the pressure would be off him by giving the shoe and foz the responsabilities of running the team

Chez is quick off the mark and would be pretty good off a quick play the ball at 9 , and would be much better placed to use his trick shots

Chez has skills but needs too many other people to shine to showcase them. He likes to play what he sees in front of him, but is poor at planning and execution of a game plan. His frantic approach to footy is ideal at 9

Hooker is the only position that allows him to play the natural game that he seems determined to play rather than adjust to what the team needs

Its best for the team and in his option year will allow himself to self evaluate his own worth. If he hasnt started to develop into a thinking half by now, he never will.

If schuster is as good as he seems and foz stays on the field he won't be missed in the halves. I presume he could set a nrl record of 40/20 from dummy half if switched on. The added attention on him would make the teams attack more potent and at hooker he is perfectly positioned to showcase his greatest attribute of being a back up merchant

Fitness shouldnt be a concern

If all are fit, i have said this before. Id have schuster and foz in the halves. DCE to hooker. His kicking out of dummy half if he chooses to , could be a big win for the team . He wont go to the line to kick currently choosing to kick from way behind the ruck, which is a major hurdle to our field position. From dummy half he Is much better placed to take advantage of his mighty kick

His general kicking game sucks 90% of the time and the pressure would be off him by giving the shoe and foz the responsabilities of running the team

Chez is quick off the mark and would be pretty good off a quick play the ball at 9 , and would be much better placed to use his trick shots

Chez has skills but needs too many other people to shine to showcase them. He likes to play what he sees in front of him, but is poor at planning and execution of a game plan. His frantic approach to footy is ideal at 9

Hooker is the only position that allows him to play the natural game that he seems determined to play rather than adjust to what the team needs

Its best for the team and in his option year will allow himself to self evaluate his own worth. If he hasnt started to develop into a thinking half by now, he never will.

If schuster is as good as he seems and foz stays on the field he won't be missed in the halves. I presume he could set a nrl record of 40/20 from dummy half if switched on. The added attention on him would make the teams attack more potent and at hooker he is perfectly positioned to showcase his greatest attribute of being a back up merchant

Interesting. But Foran is only a short-term fix, at best. He's signed for one year and I hope he makes it through that.
If you are moving DCE to hooker who then will be our halfback when Foran's stint ends?
Where will DCE go when the Blade Runner returns to hooker?

Hopefully Fainu or someone not on that list.

I really hope Cust or Foran can be converted but it’s no sure thing.

This is the most important position for us. Des has a history of under-appreciating 9s at the dogs. It’s my only real worry about our roster.

Don’t howl me down but as a fill in until the possible return of Fainu how about Nathan Peats ??

Yeah I know his best is way past him BUT is he better than Lachlan Croker ??

One year contract , transitional year , won’t win us a GF but at minimum $$$$??????

AND don’t just say no no no no come up with a viable alternative!!

Last edited:
Interesting. But Foran is only a short-term fix, at best. He's signed for one year and I hope he makes it through that.
If you are moving DCE to hooker who then will be our halfback when Foran's stint ends?
Where will DCE go when the Blade Runner returns to hooker?

We do have a second year option with foz if he works out.
By then hopefully schuster will establish himself
There is only 3 years left of chez so something will need to be planned anyway. Cherry could opt out next year and we a have no choice but to accepth that if it happens

But next year is next year, and we need to stop producing the lame ass stuff we do so often over the last 5 years. Granted there have been some purple patches.

Once bladerunner returns , survival of the fittest and form would dictate. If chez makes a fist of 9 , he can cover 6,7,and 9 so pressure for spots in the spine would not only be healthy but probably a benefit to manlys outcomes

Don’t howl me down but as a fill in until the possible return of Fainu how about Nathan Peats ??

Yeah I know his best is way past him BUT is he better than Lachlan Croker ??

One year contract , transitional year , won’t win is a GF but at minimum $$$$??????

AND don’t just say no no no no come up with a viable alternative!!
I'll try not yo howl too much...

But have you watched Peats lately? he is gone. Id genuinely just keep Levi if Peats was the only other option and Levi is junk.

He ended up 4th string at the Titans behind Rein, Clark and Boyd.

As for options

Rueben Cotter seems to still be off contract he seems like a player with a bit of spark.

Havilli has 12 months left on his deal and the Raiders resigned Starling plus have Hodgson

Daryl Clark is highly rated in the UK

Roosters have Friend, Verrills, Lusdick and Radley who can cover hooker. Sniff around Verrils or Lussick.

Follow the Storm situation with B Smith and Grant.

Similiar to the above if Grant ended at the Tigers, Liddle is a solid player

Heck even Roache who us injury prone and being let go by the Wartiors I would look at over Peats

I think he would be a perfect dummy half, but I don't think any coach in the nrl would be willing to shift dce to 9. A lot of risk and the club wouldn't want to be mocked for having a 1.3 million hooker even if it could work well.

I think the 9 just has to do a job. Unlike this season we appear to have plenty of playmakers locked in for 2021. Foran, DCE, schuster. The 9 just has to provide good service and a little bit of brain. With what we have at the moment I vote Foran at 6 w/ Cust at 9 (Schuster lock) or Foran at 9 w/ Cust at 14. I'd look to england for some dummy halves in the meantime. Parcell or that Clark dude looks ok

I think he would be a perfect dummy half, but I don't think any coach in the nrl would be willing to shift dce to 9. A lot of risk and the club wouldn't want to be mocked for having a 1.3 million hooker even if it could work well.

I think the 9 just has to do a job. Unlike this season we appear to have plenty of playmakers locked in for 2021. Foran, DCE, schuster. The 9 just has to provide good service and a little bit of brain. With what we have at the moment I vote Foran at 6 w/ Cust at 9 (Schuster lock) or Foran at 9 w/ Cust at 14. I'd look to england for some dummy halves in the meantime. Parcell or that Clark dude looks ok
Yeah with Foran and Cust we probably just need a quality depth option. They don't have to be our starting 9 but someone that can do a job when required. Im still holding out hope for Fainu to be allowed to play. I know we have asked the question to the NRL with the delays in court due to the virus

Yeah with Foran and Cust we probably just need a quality depth option. They don't have to be our starting 9 but someone that can do a job when required. Im still holding out hope for Fainu to be allowed to play. I know we have asked the question to the NRL with the delays in court due to the virus
Yeah. The alternative option is that we throw the kitchen sink at someone like Verrills and trust our forwards that we have. The reality is that Fainu probably isn't going to play next season

1. Turbo
6. Foran
7. DCE
9. Verrils/F. Lussick
13. Schuster
+ Taupau, Paseka, Sironen, Sipley, Davey, Garner, Olakautau, Keppie, Saddler, Jurbo, Jetski

Our forward stocks are fine, our playmaking stocks are important. Surely if Friend stays at the Roosters, Verrils will leave, he's too good (but I don't know about status of his ACL). If we go hard after Verrils and miss, we can try use that to squeeze Tupouinua out instead or F. Lussick as a cheaper option that would be happy to move to bench utility when Fainu returns eventually. Win win?

Yeah. The alternative option is that we throw the kitchen sink at someone like Verrills and trust our forwards that we have. The reality is that Fainu probably isn't going to play next season

1. Turbo
6. Foran
7. DCE
9. Verrils
13. Schuster
+ Taupau, Paseka, Sironen, Sipley, Davey, Garner, Olakautau, Keppie, Saddler, Jurbo, Jetski

Our forward stocks are fine, our playmaking stocks are important. Surely if Friend stays at the Roosters, Verrils will leave, he's too good. If we go hard after Verrils and miss, we can try use that to squeeze Tupouinua out instead. Win win?
We won't be throwing the kitchen sink at a hooker Harry to play 3/4 of a season then play behind Faniu - unless they decided to still sub off Faniu during the game? I wonder if Dez sees Faniu as an 80 min hooker long term. If he does, we just need a depth signing for 2021. Peats on a cheap deal would see be a better hooker than Crocker as depth imo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4