Starting 9 for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will start at #9 in 2021

• Foran

• Cust

• Fainu

• Croker

• Docker-Clay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ill be surprised if foz isn't starting at 6 next year. I think all the innuendo about him playing elsewhere is just horseplay
I think you are right... There is no way Foran can handle making tackle after tackle in the middle of the field. He would struggle to get back 10 metres in time for the next play. People trying to say he can do a similar job to Cameron Smith as a hooker.... seriously people... lay off the drugs... you really think a busted up 6 has the ability to play the same role as the most experienced hooker the game has ever seen? Not a chance in hell.

I think you are right... There is no way Foran can handle making tackle after tackle in the middle of the field. He would struggle to get back 10 metres in time for the next play. People trying to say he can do a similar job to Cameron Smith as a hooker.... seriously people... lay off the drugs... you really think a busted up 6 has the ability to play the same role as the most experienced hooker the game has ever seen? Not a chance in hell.

So you'd have him at 6 which means he has to play the full game and face a great deal of defence anyway. A hooker may do a lot of defence but as has been mentioned Smith avoids heavy traffic and that's why he lasts. Passing the ball from dummy half is hardly going to take it out of him. He has the passing skill and the nous to know which way to pass and whether to run. 5/8 is also a tough position and demands more range of skill and speed. No where to hide. He's shown year after year he cant get through the season playing that position...5 years in a row. And in those years the team he played with came 14th (Eels), 13th (warriors), 12th, 12th and 15th (Dogs). If those teams had considered him worthy of his pay and position he played he would have stayed. He's at Manly to fill a gap, a Croker role

I'd play Foran at 9 over losing Schuster. I think Foran is a "footballer" and so it won't really matter whether he plays 6 or 9. He's probably going to get injured after 5 games anyway.

Why r we talking about Schuster v Foran? I thought it that was all put to bed. Who or what is stirring this up again?

So you'd have him at 6 which means he has to play the full game and face a great deal of defence anyway. A hooker may do a lot of defence but as has been mentioned Smith avoids heavy traffic and that's why he lasts. Passing the ball from dummy half is hardly going to take it out of him. He has the passing skill and the nous to know which way to pass and whether to run. 5/8 is also a tough position and demands more range of skill and speed. No where to hide. He's shown year after year he cant get through the season playing that position...5 years in a row. And in those years the team he played with came 14th (Eels), 13th (warriors), 12th, 12th and 15th (Dogs). If those teams had considered him worthy of his pay and position he played he would have stayed. He's at Manly to fill a gap, a Croker role
If I was running the club, there is a good chance I wouldn’t have even signed him.... but if I did, it definitely wouldn’t be at 9. Compare him with the great 6s... don’t compare him with the great 9s, as though that is an easy transition for someone who is slow, injury prone and near the end of his career.

Just remember Peter Wallace moving to hooker for Panthers, revived his career. Lets hope Foran can replicate this.
He’ll have to model his game on Scam who is almost never first to a tackle or is almost never tackled with the ball.

If he does this it could in fact be a revelation especially with DCE on one side and Schuster on the other.

He’ll have to model his game on Scam who is almost never first to a tackle or is almost never tackled with the ball.

If he does this it could in fact be a revelation especially with DCE on one side and Schuster on the other.
Main difference Mark is the defensive structure at Melbourne is outstanding and they are so we'll drilled and don't miss any one on one tackles. Their forwards hold the ruck very well, their backs and edge forwards slide together and in sync and they play hard for 80 mins. Manly often got rolled though the middle and a player like Levi, well his first contact often saw him back pedalling! We missed a player like API ( made 65 tackles on weekend! ) Who ever plays 9 will no doubt be involved in a lot of defence unless there is a massive improvement next year.

Main difference Mark is the defensive structure at Melbourne is outstanding and they are so we'll drilled and don't miss any one on one tackles. Their forwards hold the ruck very well, their backs and edge forwards slide together and in sync and they play hard for 80 mins. Manly often got rolled though the middle and a player like Levi, well his first contact often saw him back pedalling! We missed a player like API ( made 65 tackles on weekend! ) Who ever plays 9 will no doubt be involved in a lot of defence unless there is a massive improvement next year.
Agree but Foran won’t last the distance unless that’s the plan!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6