Stars snub Rabbitohs By DEAN RITCHIE July 8, 2005 RIVAL clubs are poised to tear up South Sydney's $2 million NRL shopping list and leave the struggling Rabbitohs without a major signing for next season's controversial move to Telstra Stadium. Club chief executive Shane Richardson has the fattest chequebook in the game but has been unable to convince a host of stars to join rugby league's most famous club. After emerging four weeks ago as frontrunners to sign champion halves Braith Anasta and Matt Orford, negotiations have fallen flat in the past few days. Bulldog Anasta met powerful Roosters chairman Nick Politis for the first time in the changerooms after Wednesday night's State of Origin in Brisbane. He is set to sign with coach Ricky Stuart's side as early as next week. Manly are primed to secure Orford and centre Steve Bell while Penrith's Ben Ross ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬? another Souths target ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬? will sign with either Melbourne or Cronulla. The Storm and Sharks have made offers in excess of $330,000 a season for Ross, a Queensland State of Origin representative. Cronulla forward Keith Galloway has rejected interest from Souths to sign with the Wests Tigers yesterday. Skipper Ashley Harrison is also poised to leave Souths for the neighbouring Sydney Roosters. But Richardson said his club was refusing to give up on signing some of the game's finest players. "We're still in there firing and are trying to attract the right player," he said last night. "We'll see what happens when the chips fall. "The club is trying to battle back as best we can under difficult circumstances. "No one knows just yet where these players will go. At the end of the day we will have to wait and see. "If things fall over, then you can stab us in the back and leave us bleeding on the side of the road. "But we won't be throwing the towel in." Souths have considerable money in the bank after shifting its base from Aussie Stadium to cashed-up Telstra Stadium, starting next season. Manly executive director Paul Cummings confirmed his club had made offers to Orford and Bell. "My understanding is that Bell is waiting to see whether Orford signs with us," Cummings said last night. "We have made what are legitimate offers and we can't do any more. "The offer was made in discussions with the salary cap auditor [Ian Schubert]."