Starling ruled out for 4-6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
The Sea Eagles have suffered a blow on the eve of their season opener against Parramatta with front rower Josh Starling ruled out of Friday night’s blockbuster with a knee injury.

Starling sustained a medial ligament strain in his right knee at training this week and is expected to miss the opening 4-6 weeks of the NRL season.

The front rower will begin rehabilitation immediately in a bid to make an earlier than anticipated return.

“It’s really disappointing, especially after working so hard during the pre-season,” Starling said.

“In saying that, I’ll be doing everything in my power to get back on the field as soon as possible.”

What a start 2 a season contract talks and injuries. Not confident for Friday hope I'm wrong and we **** all over them.

Wow that makes Starling, Buhrer, Matai, Symonds, Lawrence and Tafua all unavailable - that must be some kind of record to start the season with so many out.

I guess it is going to be a must to put Jake in the 17 with no BJ and Starling available.

Let's hope all the injuries are now and not at the end like last year.

Jake T might get an early run after all.

I think we are upsh** creek without a paddle here....too many injuries for rd 1.

Starling is ordinary at best..Would rather see a young tyro like Jake get a crack.If they pick Hasson to replace him then I might cancel my flight LOL.Should be a cracker game.They have been thrillers of late and will be great to just sit and watch some footy.

I reckon Matai and probably Lawrence will play. We can cover Starling.

Once Jake T makes the first grade team then I reckon he'll stay in it. His opportunity might come as early as round 1.

That's really disappointing. Was hopeful that Starling would step up early and lay a good platform for us this year.

I am at the game.I could cover Starling:} Surely buying Mason Vave and Burgess suggests I am not the only one who has a similar opinion.

BUGGER!

who is training these men and causing them so many injuries??????

donny, is it you? Ease up, we aint up no mountain anymore!

I am at the game.I could cover Starling:} Surely buying Mason Vave and Burgess suggests I am not the only one who has a similar opinion.

Being a bit harsh, he had some ordinary games and some great games. He has a low error rate and last year was his first full year in the top grade. Showed improvement throughout the year in a tough position and was one of our best against the dogs in the finals. Long way to go until he is the best but He would be in our top 3 props.

I think his average metres were only about 3m per game less than BJ last year.

Our go forward was terrible last year, although he cant wear all the blame and he tries hard. Lawrence played injured a fair bit of the season. Just see little upside in Starling and will be happy to get a look at Jake- but they will probably go with Hasson due to the goats.

I would like 2 see Jake T given an extended run in the top grade but Tooves tends 2 be a bit conservative in selection which is disappointing.

Yeah I'm not a big Starling fan and prefer to see Lawrence, Mason, Burgess and Jake as our front rowers, but I'm still disappointed for him to start off injured.

yeah PJAYZ hate to see any player hurt. Just don't think it will materially effect us.The injuries combined will definitely hurt us though.

Their forwards are big and quick and our speed in the pack really worries me this week,especially if Lawrence is out which seems likely.We look slow in tight and the new rules may speed the game up further.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6