Star Quality

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the reason we are struggling is two-fold:
1. Turbo is 80% of our attack. Without him we are insipid
2. We don't have a good enough kicking game nor the backline to capitalise on the few decent kicks that we do
Agree we rely on Turbo way too much , and need more attack out the back , Suli should be more involved , however remember , i could be wrong , but 2021 we are full salary cap again ??, and have a few off contract so we may be able to move around the market a bit .

Cleary only good this year... what the heck! Kids always been a gun.
Kid played well last year but wouldnt be considered a gun’ or top halfback in comp by end of 2019 by many.

he is now a proper star... don’t get me wrong I rate him highly just think he needs to continue the performances of late for another year to be considered a definite top 3-4 half in comp.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the general gist of your OP; smashing players is a fan's right but I always appreciate the more constructive posts that don't level the blame on a poor team performance on one individual. It's a team sport after all.

Re your comment that we could have better lesser players, we have a number of players that would be on between $100-200k. There is a reason why they are paid $100-200k expecting them to play like $300k+ players is unreasonable. Put them in reserve grade and people would be talking about them 'carving up' and demanding selection in first grade. Lloyd Perrett is a case in point.

So, I get as frustrated as anyone on here when I see Elliott out of position, but he is probably playing to the ability his salary would imply.

As for top teams "cheap players" being quality and the Storm guys you mention, these guys look like quality because they fulfil a role in a quality team where everyone knows their role. Put them in a team that struggles and they will likely look "cheap".

And FYI, Brenko Lee is a Titans discard.
Then I would point you to my other pillar of problems: poor selection policy / saying no to youth.

I have no doubt that at least 1-2 of Metcalf, Hoppa and Schuster would easily fill the role that the dud attackers we have are playing. They are within this ‘100-200k’ quota.

The concerns of the small man are fading... look at Brimson, Papenhuyzen and Dufty, all carving up at the back. Metcalf is exactly this type of build, not saying he’d be an instant hit but with the fatigue in the game these days the concerns over small fullbacks are undoubtedly less so than they used to.

As to Schuster and Hoppa; Hoppa is pound for pound strongest in our gym, and Schuster is a big body. Again, would love these blokes to be given a crack.

Our concerns are over holding talent probably even more so than not signing any. Ramien, Hynes, Garner, Gutherson, Verrills... the list goes on. They would all play crucial roles today

Kid played well last year but wouldnt be considered a gun’ or top halfback in comp by end of 2019 by many.

he is now a proper star... don’t get me wrong I rate him highly just think he needs to continue the performances of late for another year to be considered a definite top 3-4 half in comp.
But hes already an origin player. Do you play supercoach? Be has been the best half the last few years

Hooker.
If Manase had played all year we would be top six, maybe top four.
Don't listen to technocrat coach Fainu can play and we would have been flying if we had him. 2-4 more wins with him in the side.

The impact of losing Turbo is nothing new...how did we go during the years when Brett was having his knee issues?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4