Standout in PL last night vs Wests

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Big win last night, nearly scoring 50!!! best to say the attack ran riot, the team played really well and many exceptional performances

Best on ground were:

1/2 Clint Halden: led by example, made great decisions, ran when he had too and passed the same, kicked well, was dominant on the field. I don't beliuve he is a long term 1st grade player after Orford leaves but good to have as replacement for injury.

wing or centre Sean Meaney: showed extra pace which I didn;t think he had, always samrt with the ball, if he got abit bigger could be a chance for hicksy spot next year, like robbo, very safe and sound

Fullback Connell, safe and up from flegg, not dynamic but safe in all play,

Ballin and Sione were good, didn't standout but played well

2nd row John Grieve, big junior signing 2-3 years ago, heard he is rated by the club, moved from centre to forwards, plays like Watmough, dynamic in defence, always has time and makes the right decision, one of those kids who seems to know his way around a footy oval, he has bulked up but still 2-3 years away from 1st grade

lock Wells: put on 8-10kg over off season, big boy, showed his kicking skills last night, can runa nd pass as former 5/8, I like him, like glenn stewart, not a standout but does things right, I believe he could play lock next year in 1st grade, like glenn stewart, needs a chance

2nd row Vic Mauro: another local kid, up from flegg, built like a tank, runs and hits hard, was never sure about him but warming to him, plays prop in flegg, short and stocky, interesting player to watch

winger Bani didn't shine but he goes looking for work, with hicksy gone, the winger position will be interesting, not believe it will be Neumenn as hasn't got the pace

great play by boys, threw it around, made it enjoyable on a very cold night

Thanks for the update Darren.

Any word on whether the club is retaining groom?

Hey Darren, I would be interested on your thoughts on cuthbo over say the past 3-4 years.

Another great report too, Cheers

I remember watching Cuthbo in harld matts under 16's, he was a big kid but quite lazy, u could see his potential but I wasn't sure if he would go thru with it. He had a big year in flegg and that's when I started mentioning him so thats 3 years ago.

I, am probably many others have seen his ball skill potential for years. It was harnessing it, they put him in PL last year and he copped a flogging (toughen him up) Alot of thought that he is a late maturer who is starting to grow up and play to how Des wants him. They did play him prop and I got worried. I'm not sure if Des is the best coach for him. In the brief time in 1st grade he looked nervous and scared to try things. In PL he went for it.

Remember, it was the last 20 minutes the other night when the game was over that he ran riot!! Will he play that way 25 minutes into the game with the way Des likes set plays, we will see

How good is it to see 'Manly' juniors coming through and getting big wraps.

Its been so long since we've seen PL players stand up and be noticed.

So far this year we've had two regular PL players Ballin and Cuthbo take MOM in their respective games. Ballin was on debut.

Then theirs Halden who IMO never had a weakness in his limited time, Afamasaga looked good imo. Does a props job and goes forward.

Neumann has his defensive worries but he looks good with the ball in hand and you can see a defenite NRL class player in the making.

Its very exciting times for our team. Everyone (including myself) are worried at the thoughts of loosing monas and hicks with Beaver and Bell not to far off retirement or leaving but when you look at the young blokes coming through it calms the nerves a little doesn't it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6