Stand up Mr Tonga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Sione Finefeuiaki was yesterday throwing his 116kg frame around at the Sea Eagles inaugural strong-man day designed to reveal the club's toughest. Mr Tonga won the day, throwing a 60kg keg 10m over his head.
MANLY coach Des Hasler has issued Sea Eagles strong man Sione Finefeuiaki with a warning: ``stand up and show us your potential''.

The Tongan-born giant is on an incentive one-year deal for next year's NRL.

At 27, it's Finefeuiaki's last chance to crack a first grade jumper.

Hasler yesterday said the emerging prop could be a wildcard in Manly's pack in 2007, if he lives up to the hype.

He's got some potential and ability, but it's up to him,'' the Sea Eagles boss said.

He's enjoying a good off season and is going well.

We think he can play first grade.

He's got to stand up and prove it.''

Finefeuiaki, who played Premier league for Manly this year, welcomed the challenge.

I can't wait,'' he said.

I'm just waiting for my opportunity, that's all.

It took me a while this year to adjust to the area, but I'm feeling good now.''

Manly skipper Matt Orford, who first met Finefeuiaki in Melbourne in 2004, said the giant prop is still a bit raw but could be an invaluable addition to the Sea Eagles pack.

This year he played a bit of Premier League and was starting to come along well,'' Orford said.

He still needs a bit of work but you never know.''

But in the gym, Finefeuiaki has no peer with Orford revealing ``Mr Tonga'' has bench-pressed 220kg.

He's easily the strongest at the club,'' Orford said.

Hasler said yesterday's unique strong-man competition was designed to produce results at the back-end of next year's premiership.

We are trying to mimic what we do on the field,'' he said.

It's good cross-training.

The program is going well and the players are responding.''

Finefeuiaki arrived at the Sea Eagles last year after unsuccessful stints at the Roosters and Storm.

The journeyman had also previously spent two years playing for Hibiscus Coast in New Zealand's BarterCard competition.

Lets hope that Sione can be our surprise packet this year because we need some grunt in the forwards.

Why wasn't King mentioned in the strongman contest?

in fariness to king he is not in training at the moment as he had offseason surgery on his groin that said i dont think he would get anywhere close to sione in the strongman stakes

Yep he's a scary looking character on the field. If he goes well he'll quickly become a crowd favourite.

He's not that tall though.

They said a week ago in the Manly Daily that he was benchpressing 196 kg and was working to break the 200 mark of Kylie. Now he is doing 220? Check his bathroom cabinet. :lol2:

All the same it is incredibly impressive. If he can hit and cause some terror and with our awesome backline I am getting a fantastic feeling about next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4