• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eels are now in the drivers seat for Staggs according to James Hooper.
This makes me happy. Titans have been driving up Staggs' contact price up to stuff brisbane over, have pulled out of the race and now the eels have come in. Staggs is a great weapon. I really wanted us to go after him back when his pricetag was probably more around 400-450K or so, but since it would've grown way too high. I think in the modern game centres don't need to be world beaters. We can kind of see that with Parker and Harper at the moment, in a well-performing team both are playing a role well and still threaten at times. Harper can develop into an elusive option, Parker can keep doing what he's doing and be solid. Staggs also can't defend (reminds me of Walker in a way)

For 113 years .. people have been saying that bad player behaviour drives fans away from the game .. and sponsorship will disappear .. and in every year that I can remember the list of drongos has been significant, .. but here we are 113 years later and the game has gone from chook raffles to a billion dollar business and entertainment giant ... and I am yet to see a club disappear because of player behaviour .
You’re missing the point. It’s not about it being the death knell of a club, but...

name one premiership winning team in the NRL era that won a competition with a high profile signing sitting out because of poor behaviour?

You’re missing the point. It’s not about it being the death knell of a club, but...

name one premiership winning team in the NRL era that won a competition with a high profile signing sitting out because of poor behaviour?

No I'm not .. you have simply raised a different point ..

If your new point is that teams suffer when players are suspended ... then of course they do.

And whilst I deplore blonk behaviour as much as anybody ... mugs will continue to be mugs .. whether it is League, soccer, AFL, push bike riders, Ice Skating or wife carrying races ..

Just fine, suspend or ban the numbnuts ... and save me from all the sport will die hysteria ..

No I'm not .. you have simply raised a different point ..

If your new point is that teams suffer when players are suspended ... then of course they do.

And whilst I deplore blonk behaviour as much as anybody ... mugs will continue to be mugs .. whether it is League, soccer, AFL, push bike riders, Ice Skating or wife carrying races ..

Just fine, suspend or ban the numbnuts ... and save me from all the sport will die hysteria ..
I didn’t raise a different point. My point earlier in the thread was that signing players with behaviour issues is fraught with danger...clubs can ill afford to be paying good money for players to sit out suspended. Also, clubs do lose members when players misbehave and that does not spell the death of the club but it’s just like a business; do you want to thrive and be your best or do you want to struggle and sift through one PR nightmare after another?

Staggs looks like he might head to the Eels.

Good.

We don't have the best Centres in the league, but if we could get Walker back in that position, with Harper, Tuipulotu, Suli, Parker and the youth we have coming thru (Weekes? Koula?) then I think we have decent stocks and a few to choose from.

Good.

We don't have the best Centres in the league, but if we could get Walker back in that position, with Harper, Tuipulotu, Suli, Parker and the youth we have coming thru (Weekes? Koula?) then I think we have decent stocks and a few to choose from.
100% agree, our centre stocks are good enough. I’d prefer we invested in key positions and quality depth in those positions. 9 and 1 most prominently

I didn’t raise a different point. My point earlier in the thread was that signing players with behaviour issues is fraught with danger...clubs can ill afford to be paying good money for players to sit out suspended. Also, clubs do lose members when players misbehave and that does not spell the death of the club but it’s just like a business; do you want to thrive and be your best or do you want to struggle and sift through one PR nightmare after another?

Your post, and your point were 1 of 60 odd posts in this thread .. and one that I did not directly respond to .. my point was not connected to yours and was a stand alone opinion ..

You seem to have formed the view that I somehow tolerate or approve of misbehaviour ... I have reread my posts I I cannot find any evidence of that ..

and members leave because of ticket prices, in house politics, poor club management and expensive sausage rolls and warm beer ... any that want to leave because of a dickhead player needs to get in line ..

I repeat ... piss off the socially handicapped numbnuts ... but spare me the sport will be destroyed ...

Good.

Slow back that have no attacking prowess are a liability in the modern game

Weeks and Koula are interesting prospects

Your post, and your point were 1 of 60 odd posts in this thread .. and one that I did not directly respond to .. my point was not connected to yours and was a stand alone opinion ..

You seem to have formed the view that I somehow tolerate or approve of misbehaviour ... I have reread my posts I I cannot find any evidence of that ..

and members leave because of ticket prices, in house politics, poor club management and expensive sausage rolls and warm beer ... any that want to leave because of a dickhead player needs to get in line ..

I repeat ... piss off the socially handicapped numbnuts ... but spare me the sport will be destroyed ...
U don’t need to re-read your posts and treat conversations like piles of evidence...it’s just opinions...I’m not casting aspersions on you mate! All good!

U don’t need to re-read your posts and treat conversations like piles of evidence...it’s just opinions...I’m not casting aspersions on you mate! All good!

Same, all good .. I was simply making clear that I didn't miss your point ... I was only making a different one ..

Interesting that Stephen Moses (brother of Mitchell Moses) is the manager of Staggs with Issac Moses suspended by the NRL.

Could be likely that Mitchell and Staggs could lineup in for the Eels or the Donkeys next season.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8