Stabbing at Nth Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers

News Ticker
BREAKING NEWS
The SES has ordered an evacuation of Moruya on the NSW far south coast due to heavy rain and flooding. Residents are being told to leave the high danger area immediately and move to safety.
Two people in a serious condition after alleged stabbing during brawl at Sydney rugby league match
By Emma Elsworthy and Rani Hayman
Posted 2hhours ago, updated 54mminutes ago
Cop cars and people at a grassy park

NSWRL boss David Trodden slammed the alleged stabbing as "sickening criminal behaviour".(ABC News)
A 19-year-old man has been arrested after an alleged stabbing involving several people on opposing teams of a rugby league match in Sydney's north-west on Sunday.
Key points:
  • Police were told an argument broke out after the North Parramatta game
  • A Cambridge Park man was arrested after allegedly stabbing several people
  • Three people have been taken to Westmead Hospital with injuries, two in a serious condition
NSW Police were called to the under-20s community match between Wentworthville Magpies and Penrith Brothers in North Parramatta at 11:20am following reports of a brawl.
"It's alleged that two western Sydney-based football teams were involved in a fight after the match concluded," NSW Police's Grant Morrissey said.
"As a result of this altercation, one male who played for one of the teams was stabbed by another male who also played for the opposing team."
"Two spectators also became involved in the altercation and they were stabbed as well."
Acting Inspector Morrissey said police believe the alleged weapon used was a kitchen knife, but investigations were still under way.
"It's believed to be a six-inch kitchen knife, six-inch blade," he said.
A boy and two men, aged 16, 19 and 22, were found with injuries outside the ground at Old Salesyard Reserve on Gladstone Street and were taken to Westmead Hospital.
Police said two remained in a serious but stable condition at the hospital.
Several men fled the scene as emergency services arrived.
Police and people on a track

Police are appealing for mobile phone footage from the scene.(ABC News)
Officers arrested the 19-year-old Cambridge Park man just before 2:00pm.
He was taken to Nepean Hospital under police guard to receive medical attention for a hand injury.
He is expected to be charged.
Police said the motive for the attack was not known.
They appealed for witnesses who may have mobile phone footage to come forward to assist the investigation.
NSW Rugby League chief executive David Trodden said anybody involved with the incident could expect "never to have a role in our game ever again".
"The incident is sickening criminal behaviour and those responsible for it deserve to face the full force of the law," he said.
"Everyone who enjoys community sport at the weekend should expect to be able to do it in a safe environment and it is nothing short of appalling that an incident like this has taken place in an area adjacent to where one of our matches was being conducted."
Mr Trodden said both teams have been stood down immediately pending the outcome of the police investigation.
Michael Chrara, a spectator at Sunday's game, said it was upsetting that children and families witnessed the incident.
"What was a good game of football has turned into a tragic event," he said.

Jeebus!

V'landys has said while the match doesn't fall under the nrl's umbrella of operations, he will immediately increase the Roosters salary cap by $20,000 to 45 million and ask the refs to double their efforts with their totally unquestionable integrity filled decisions regarding parramatta and the GF.

Its not a league issue , It is a humanity issue
Agree Bozo, but it’s also more prevalent in certain walks of life. I watched my sons under 10 game yesterday and watched our best player targeted and punched by opposition players, taunted to the point he and another player were in tears. My son told me dad they were swearing at us as well. The ref (a kid of about 14) did nothing. In fact the junior refs I’ve come across so far actually have me worried about player safety at times as they let tackles go way too long and try to ref like these kids are playing nrl. I also watched the opposition coach at the end appearing to do nothing other than applauding his players. Ffs these kids are 9 and 10!!! I don’t want to offend anyone hear but the reality is this code does attract a certain type of individual. I was so disappointed with what I saw yesterday. No wonder the missus is constantly banging on about the boy just playing soccer (he plays soccer days and league sun).

Agree Bozo, but it’s also more prevalent in certain walks of life. I watched my sons under 10 game yesterday and watched our best player targeted and punched by opposition players, taunted to the point he and another player were in tears. My son told me dad they were swearing at us as well. The ref (a kid of about 14) did nothing. In fact the junior refs I’ve come across so far actually have me worried about player safety at times as they let tackles go way too long and try to ref like these kids are playing nrl. I also watched the opposition coach at the end appearing to do nothing other than applauding his players. Ffs these kids are 9 and 10!!! I don’t want to offend anyone hear but the reality is this code does attract a certain type of individual. I was so disappointed with what I saw yesterday. No wonder the missus is constantly banging on about the boy just playing soccer (he plays soccer days and league sun).
May depend a bit on where you play and who you are playing , my grandsons play junior footy ( they are now 10/11) in the country and it’s played in good spirit between the north western NSW towns.

BUT I went to a game last year with a neighbour out Logan way to watch his grandson play , he’s 12 and boy oh boy it was pretty full on.

More should be done but as all the workers are volunteers and most of the refs are the older kids it’s almost impossible to change.

Last edited:
May depend a bit on where you play and who you are playing , my grandsons play junior footy ( they are now 10/11) in the country and it’s played in good spirit between the north western NSW towns.

BUT I went to a game last year with a neighbour out Logan way to watch his grandson play , he’s 12 and boy oh boy it was pretty full on.

More should be done but as all the workers are volunteers and most of the refs are the older kids it’s almost iam possible to change.
Yes agree mate. I’m on Bris northside and the boys play for a small club in the inner north. I was surprised by some of the players in the club we played as by demographic/club location I wouldn’t have expected it. Agree re the volunteers. I’ve not delved into the junior funding elements but I am interested now. Especially around the refs as sone of what I’ve seen so far is worrying. Especially when you have kids that weigh about 25-30kilo against kids I’d put at 70 -80. It makes absolutely no sense. But that’s a topic for another thread.

Jeebus!

V'landys has said while the match doesn't fall under the nrl's umbrella of operations, he will immediately increase the Roosters salary cap by $20,000 to 45 million and ask the refs to double their efforts with their totally unquestionable integrity filled decisions regarding parramatta and the GF.
I needed a good laugh GE.

Yes agree mate. I’m on Bris northside and the boys play for a small club in the inner north. I was surprised by some of the players in the club we played as by demographic/club location I wouldn’t have expected it. Agree re the volunteers. I’ve not delved into the junior funding elements but I am interested now. Especially around the refs as sone of what I’ve seen so far is worrying. Especially when you have kids that weigh about 25-30kilo against kids I’d put at 70 -80. It makes absolutely no sense. But that’s a topic for another thread.
Meanwhile the various administrative bodies fiddle while Rome burns.

Yes you can imagine one of the local Redlands junior sides playing the same age kids from Logan .....same age sure , half their size.

Has to be weight based.

Meanwhile the various administrative bodies fiddle while Rome burns.
Zero funding ( and I’m not talking during Rona) for junior footy and Bush footy.

In NSW that government provides kids a $100 voucher which they can use for any sport, my grandsons use it for junior league but that’s the only funding they get.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4