St Louis Blues are the 2019 Stanley Cup champions!

Discussion in 'NHL (Ice Hockey)' started by globaleagle, Jun 13, 2019.

Share This Page

1. globaleagle

By:globaleagleJun 13, 2019
    SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
    Staff Member Premium Member 2019 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +21,876 /241
    After being dead last in January, the arrival of Jordan Binnington (goalie) started St Louis' climb into the playoffs.

Facing the Boston Bruins in the best of 7 final series, the Blues prevailed 4-1 in the deciding game 7.

Woohoo!

It's their first Stanley Cup ever. A long 52 year wait!!

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/stl-vs-bos/2019/06/12/2018030417#game=2018030417,game_state=final

BOSTON -- The St. Louis Blues are Stanley Cup champions for the first time.

The Blues defeated the Boston Bruins 4-1 in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final at TD Garden on Wednesday.

Jordan Binnington made 32 saves; Alex Pietrangelo and Ryan O'Reilly each had a goal and an assist; and Brayden Schenn and Zach Sanford scored for St. Louis, which entered the NHL in 1967-68 and had never won a Cup Final game in three prior appearances (1968-70).

St. Louis was last in the NHL standings on Jan. 3.

"What an unbelievable year," Pietrangelo said. "I don't even know what to say. Where we were to where we are now ... I tell you what, I've never been more proud to wear this jersey with this group of guys. It's unbelievable."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice