Squad clarification. Help...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi please feel free to merge but if anyone can help clarify what exactly goes on with the top thirty, the development squad and eligibility and availability and would be kind enough to explain for the majority of us who have no idea, some idea, or have missed something along the way that would be great.

GKT being the obvious example, but also what happened to Romanous, where did GKT find a space on the extended reserves, is Humphries still development. Thanks in advance.

Don't stress about it. Every year it's the same. No club publishes an accurate list of their top 30. The NRL bring in rules but they don't want any transparency with them. They could solve a lot of these issues by simply maintaining an accurate list of every teams official top 30 squad, but choose not to.

There is some good links and info in this sticky thread

Don't stress about it. Every year it's the same. No club publishes an accurate list of their top 30. The NRL bring in rules but they don't want any transparency with them. They could solve a lot of these issues by simply maintaining an accurate list of every teams official top 30 squad, but choose not to.

There is some good links and info in this sticky thread

They do but there are certain dates it needs to be finalized.

Believe it is still the below

"At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by the first Monday in November and 29 Top 30 players by the first Monday in March and 30 Top 30 players by the first Monday in August."

For some light reading

The Tigers signed James Roumanos in January.
And thanks for the correct spelling of the young man's name, I apologise I could have made the effort and should have, I won't explain why I didn't but it could be cleverly pieced together by the amatuer sleuths amongst you if I reveal these telling clues. I'm currently in NSW, not employed in shift work, indulged in a traditional circular italo-american fermented pork, tomato and cheese based dinner with five Cooper's Sparkling Ale's (always leave one, you never know what might happen in the morning). I posted this in a place where I was quickly hurried by the four children in my family trying to get ready for school as the time signature will clearly.....

And thanks for the correct spelling of the young man's name, I apologise I could have made the effort and should have, I won't explain why I didn't but it could be cleverly pieced together by the amatuer sleuths amongst you if I reveal these telling clues. I'm currently in NSW, not employed in shift work, indulged in a traditional circular italo-american fermented pork, tomato and cheese based dinner with five Cooper's Sparkling Ale's (always leave one, you never know what might happen in the morning). I posted this in a place where I was quickly hurried by the four children in my family trying to get ready for school as the time signature will clearly.....
quite the conundrum. the pork and cheese will plug you up but the grit in those sparkling ales should make the bathroom your own id suspect

They do but there are certain dates it needs to be finalized.

Believe it is still the below

"At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by the first Monday in November and 29 Top 30 players by the first Monday in March and 30 Top 30 players by the first Monday in August."
So we have 29 players confirmed in our top 30 & 1 spot to fill by the first Monday in August (07/08/2023) which would be round 24 (seems very late in the season to confirm top 30?).

Assume Manly will elevate GCKT to that last spot come round 11?

So we have 29 players confirmed in our top 30 & 1 spot to fill by the first Monday in August (07/08/2023) which would be round 24 (seems very late in the season to confirm top 30?).

i may be wrong but come round 11 all dev squads players can play on top of the 30. so it would seem pointless. maybe im wrong

I read where Manly already have their top 30 and that’s why Gordie can’t be elevated now!!

Wouldn't assume that. This article was claiming our NRL squad is as listed. That was 29 names back in November. Cooper Johns has since been added so we "most likely" have our top 30 locked away

Wouldn't assume that. This article was claiming our NRL squad is as listed. That was 29 names back in November. Cooper Johns has since been added so we "most likely" have our top 30 locked away

Exactly what I read , John’s became the 30th player , no room for Gordie.

Until round 11 when you can apparently start using your development squad .

It’s a really good question though @Top End Eagle , I wish their was greater transparency on this issue , ie, clubs needing to confirm exactly who their top 29 or 30 are before kick off.

I read elsewhere that Manly were the only club to have locked away their 30 before kick off which is why we can’t get young Gordie into the list.

Most other clubs have named 28.

****ed if I know why Boyle is in there , much rather a young gun.

He’s like played about 3 games in two years and only then because there was absolutely zero anyone else to choose.

I read where Manly already have their top 30 and that’s why Gordie can’t be elevated now!!
Gordie is on extended reserves for tomorrows game which is why I created the thread. I'm normally just a commenter or an emjoji guy but the parameters of the thirty man squad are doing my head in.PLUS SQUAT WAS THE WORDLE WORD TODAY so there may be some subliminal overlap.

Gordie is on extended reserves for tomorrows game which is why I created the thread. I'm normally just a commenter or an emjoji guy but the parameters of the thirty man squad are doing my head in.PLUS SQUAT WAS THE WORDLE WORD TODAY so there may be some subliminal overlap.
1677808943105.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4