Spud fires up Choc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Spud fires up Choc

Jason Avedissian

9 July 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/07/09/10992_sports.html

EX-MANLY enforcer Mark Carroll has nominated Anthony Watmough as the man to target Sharks bad boy Paul Gallen in Saturday night's round NRL clash at Toyota Stadium.

The highly-anticipated match will present the Sea Eagles with a genuine test of their premiership credentials.

Both clubs have been in outstanding form, sharing the premiership lead with the Roosters.

Carroll believes if "Choc" Watmough can dominate over Gallen, Manly will win.

"Watmough should target him (Gallen)," the former Manly and Blues prop said yesterday.

"Football is about a contest - you've got to get out there and get over your opposite.

"Hopefully Choc does that against Gallen. If Choc goes forward and gets really aggressive, Manly win games.

"The others will follow him, just like they follow Gallen."

When asked how he would take on Gallen and his at times violent antics, Carroll said:

"I'd look forward to playing against him ... that's all I'll say.

"He's got grit and determination, hopefully the Manly boys will fire up."

Another former Manly tough guy, Terry Randall, said he would simply ignore the Sharks captain.

"The silent tongue is a wise head," Randall said.

"I'd tell them to just get on with their game."

Sharks coach Ricky Stuart yesterday defended Gallen who was under recent pressure to retain the captaincy at Cronulla.

"What I'm doing at the moment is doing everything I possibly can with Paul to keep him captain," Stuart told 2KY radio station

"Paul's an intelligent person and a very, very competitive person and I don't want to change that one iota.

"What I do need to change is just the way Paul thinks at certain stages of the game and when something doesn't go his way, he's just got to take it on the chin and roll on.

"He's the image of the team, he's the captain and he's got to lead by example."

Manly coach Des Hasler last night named an unchanged line-up for the clash against the Sharks with injured centre Steve Matai picked.

Manly Daily

As long as Choc doesn't get that fired up he gives away 3 penalities and drops the ball 5 times in our own half instead of his usual 2.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6