sportspin.net -> a lot of sporting news and info

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Ok I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I ended up setting this up. It is essentially a website with a lot of different links to different news about every sport you can imagine.

I am still importing a lot of RSS feeds etc but it wll be automatically updated with sport every 2 hours from just about every category in there.

If you know of any RSS sports news feeds that you like, subscribe to or come across send me a pm or an email with the details and I will add it to the site. You can also submit any individual stories you like on there and vote for the ones you like to push it further up the top.

So the idea being a lot of social bookmarking links on sport.

Let me know what you think and let me know any RSS feeds on any sport and I will keep adding them to the list to constantly keep adding.

The beauty of this is that because it updates each news thing every two hours there is going to be a constant flow of a lot of news on there.

<a href="http://www.sportspin.net/">http://www.Sportspin.net - Social Bookmarking for sports fanatics</a>

Dan

Because this is automatically taking in news from ESPN, Foxsports and a myriad of other sites.

The idea isnt just to get the news its also social bookmarking like Digg. So you can post news to all those others.

All the Silvertails news automatically goes in there.

Essentially it is exactly like Digg, works in the same way and with the same principle but instead of technology based it is just sport.

So say there was an article on MSE that you liked and wanted to share and not breach copyright, you can post the link and submit it there, you then have that other link that others can read and vote for, the more that vote for it the more likely it will show on the front page.

It has a benefit for both website owners and users, users get a lot of information in a central place and owners get the chance to send a lot of traffic to their own sites

my point exactly.

Just the fact it is automated is the most pleasing to me.

I am going to keep scouring the web for as many news feeds as I can find.

Essentially then the more I add the more I will have until eventually every sports feed on the net will be importing into the system every 2 hours, it will be a mamoth of a site with a lot of data and so much sport it will hurt

Cricket Lives scores are automatically incorporated from Cricinfo.com :)

yup I am going to grab that soon, trying to get a few feeds for each category, found a good site which is working quite nicely.

Dont forget it isnt just news feeds, if there are forum posts or articles or website link you want you can post it in there. That is the point of social bookmarkin sharing links that you like

There are over 2000 links in there already and I am building it more every few minutes.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8