sponsorship blocked by NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You have to look after your sponsors.  The NRL would do likewise if it was Optus wanting to sponsor us.

I actually dont have a problem with it, especially if the rules were already written in stone before any of this.  Just like Matabele said with Optus, what if Fairfax decided to sponsor us?  Wouldn't happen at all.  Sucks but that's the game

Gallop and the radio coverage for the 'World Cup' games and the Storm/Broncos TV coverage into Melbourne says it all.  News Ltd stooges.  He's so ordinary, dull, lifeless, gutless and a real danger to the game. 

Sadly those who are good at law ought to stick at law and those who can manage should be given the job. Sadly Gallop and his cronies are just not up to looking after the game. Proctecting News interests is their priority whilst the game withers at the vine.

I remember asking Graeme Hughes question on the Talkin' Sport program regarding News Limited.  Does News Limited have any control in our game, say with the Refs or video Refs etc.. his answer was no they don't.

slightly off topic.
I'll never forget when cliffy (went to accept the award when Manly won) was holding the can of pepsi at the coke sponsered 7's and a bloke took the can off him.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178496.msg197789#msg197789 date=1222035057]
You have to look after your sponsors.  The NRL would do likewise if it was Optus wanting to sponsor us.
Do vodafone sponsor the warriors?
[/quote]

touche...

The article said it was only discussions so this isn't a done deal by any means.  We'll get someone, i've no doubts about that.  I just hope it looks good on the jersey!  :p

Now we all know from the above Telecrap link in the original post that the NRL's sponsorship deal with TAB Corp - worth more than $1 million a season - forbids any club securing a naming rights sponsor from a rival betting agency but my question is this:

What is the difference between betting agency Betchoice & betting agency Betezy?

The answer is that the NRL has allowed the Titans to do a sponsorship deal with Betezy but refuses a sponsorship deal with Betchoice and Manly. Where is the fairness in that?

naming right sponsor is different. Jet Star is the Titans naming sponsor

The question also has to be asked - how did whoever negotiated the original TAB Corp deal ALLOW any provisions that restricts any brand under the NRL umbrella from attaining income? Especially in a game that stuggles to attain it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6