Sponsor problems ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
From What's the Buzz

Sea Eagles' insecurity
THE internal dramas at premiers Manly just will not go away. I'm now hearing their major sponsor, the international IT security company Kaspersky,is likely to pull the pin when the contract is up at the end of the season.

I spoke to Andrew Mamonitis, the company's managing director, about the recent off-field turmoil.

"We’re committed for this season, but there's a lot to weigh up at the end of the year," he said.

"Obviously there are areas that could have been handled better. Some of the stuff that happened after the grand final was disappointing.

As much as this would **** me no end, I can fully understand where Kaspersky is coming from if reports are true.

I love the club, but it needs to stop airing the dirty laundry.

They seem to forget very quickly they got their name plastered all over the place due to the grand final win and are about to do it again for WCC final.

Yes the post gf turmoil was not pretty but have a look at the upside for them.

With Perth being so vitally interested in us then no doubt we'd have huge WA mining companies lining up to sponsor us.
Not.

It wasn't even a mega deal. We were so desperate for a major sponsor at the time and they knew it. They have received excellent value for money being the sponsor of the Premiers.
Ungrateful ruskis.

I think they have got awesome value for money out of manly. The brookie brawl was covered globally, the premiership and now WCC. If toovey can take us back to back I wonder how they will feel.

Phil Rothfield's insecurity:

THE infernal dramas in Phil Rothfield's brain will not go away. I'm now hearing his employer, News Ltd,is likely to pull the pin when Phil's contract is up at the end of the season.

I spoke to Neil Breen, the Telegraph's editor, about the recent mental turmoil.

"We’re committed for this season, but there's a lot to weigh up at the end of the year," he said.

"Obviously there are areas that could have been handled better, like his slavish following of every half-truth that eminated from Peter Peters' and Des Hasler's mouths. Some of the stuff that happened before and after the grand final was disappointing. Peters is a dinosaur who was rightfully given the chop by Manly, but who continues to try and white ant that joint and Rothfield, who doesn't have an original thought in what passes for his brain, is no better. In short we will be sidelining Phil permanently, later this year."

Nice, Phantar.
These so-called 'sports insider' columns have as much credibility as the gossip magazines where, this week, four publications had cover stories on Angela and all four contradicted themselves.
Seems the 'family friends' couldn't get their information straight.

The Who said:
Nice, Phantar.
These so-called 'sports insider' columns have as much credibility as the gossip magazines where, this week, four publications had cover stories on Angela and all four contradicted themselves.
TW - I sent it to the Sunday Tele, but somehow I doubt they will publish it!

The Who said:
Nice, Phantar.

Rothfield will never print anything good about manly as two of his best mates were shown the door. He hates Perry and wants us to fail.
I put him and Zorba in the same class. Zorbas gone and so should Rothfield.
P S
He gets no inside gos out of manly any more ,nether does ritchy.

The Wheel said:
They seem to forget very quickly they got their name plastered all over the place due to the grand final win and are about to do it again for WCC final.

Yes the post gf turmoil was not pretty but have a look at the upside for them.

Exactly. Best money they ever spent.

And much of the turmoil was created by individuals no longer employed directly by the football club. I don't include membership of a football or leagues club board in that calculation.

Phantar said:
And much of the turmoil was created by individuals no longer employed directly by the football club. I don't include membership of a football or leagues club board in that calculation.

I think the sponsor knows he is up for more money than he paid for last year. He has got a bargin and he is playing hard ball to keep the cheep price he paid down when they renew. He will use anything to keep the price down. Rothfield has an axe to grind.
Very smart.

If you remember when we announced them as sponsor there were leaks out of the club about max again. On the same day .These all came from that former employee who hates max and used his contacts in the press to discredit him. This tactic was used against any one who stood up to him.(thomo,fatty,stanton,wilson,perry,reilly.williams.) and so on. Thank god he is gone.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From What's the Buzz

Sea Eagles' insecurity
THE internal dramas at premiers Manly just will not go away. I'm now hearing their major sponsor, the international IT security company Kaspersky,is likely to pull the pin when the contract is up at the end of the season.

I spoke to Andrew Mamonitis, the company's managing director, about the recent off-field turmoil.

"Obviously there are areas that could have been handled better. Some of the stuff that happened after the grand final was disappointing.

So a sponsor that is committed to the current deal, scheduled to finish up at the end of the year, isn't a definite to next season? This is a story?

Note the lack of clarification from Buzz on the two points; "...areas that could have been handled better," and "...stuff...after the grand final," could very well mean elements no longer at the club, not specifically concerns at the board.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6