Sponsor looms as potential saviour at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I must apologize I got it horribly
Wrong. Westbec isn't Teflon Bob Reilly it's his trusty good ole Phil Dean.

None should be surprised that Phil has come out of the wilderness to help vidmar and co spread Teflon bobs spin doctoring. It's easy to work out that Phil always likes to be front and centre when premiership rings are given out.

Well I'm glad we got that straightened out. Imagine if we didn't know who a poster really was!

Does it really matter what happened back then?

Is anyone suggesting that someone pumping large amonts of private money into the club should not get a say in running the club?

No. The problem would seem to be that those individuals do not agree with each other over management issues. So it is nothing to do with whether they have put in $$, because they all have (Max, Penn, Quantum).

Darren said:
gday Pride, I did hear URM is very well off, is that true, is Anthony the owner? Do you have any background.
Yes Anthony is the owner and also has a couple of brothers working in the business. URM from what I understand has grown massively over the last year financially here in Australia and also overseas recycling, largely glass recycling.
Daniel said:
Pride said:
manlywarringah said:
We wouldn't have a club to argue over if it wasn't for Max. People certainly have short memories!

If this other guy was such a rich and passionate Manly supporter, why didn't he bail us out when it was desperately needed in 2003/2004? Max was the ONLY one who showed his hand and come up with the much needed cash.

Seems he wanted to buy in once the club was saved. He could've still sponsored us. He had plenty of time over the years to throw his money into a jersey, sleeve, short sponsorship.

If it is the guy in the news article above.....then i'm glad Max told him where to go!

Its not the same mentioned mob in the old article. URM already put in a lot of coin for sponsorship around the ground at Brookie. Speaking to a friend who is close to Anthony at URM he has been wanting to invest further with the sea eagles brand for some time.

Didn't they start talks on a deal for full sponsorship, but the price was too low?

I was originally told the full sponsorship was a done deal but since have not been able to get a story as to why it did not come through. I heard the price was not agreed and also another issue around some media article released..honestly not too sure.

Pride said:
Darren said:
gday Pride, I did hear URM is very well off, is that true, is Anthony the owner? Do you have any background.
Yes Anthony is the owner and also has a couple of brothers working in the business. URM from what I understand has grown massively over the last year financially here in Australia and also overseas recycling, largely glass recycling.
Daniel said:
Pride said:
manlywarringah said:
We wouldn't have a club to argue over if it wasn't for Max. People certainly have short memories!

If this other guy was such a rich and passionate Manly supporter, why didn't he bail us out when it was desperately needed in 2003/2004? Max was the ONLY one who showed his hand and come up with the much needed cash.

Seems he wanted to buy in once the club was saved. He could've still sponsored us. He had plenty of time over the years to throw his money into a jersey, sleeve, short sponsorship.

If it is the guy in the news article above.....then i'm glad Max told him where to go!

Its not the same mentioned mob in the old article. URM already put in a lot of coin for sponsorship around the ground at Brookie. Speaking to a friend who is close to Anthony at URM he has been wanting to invest further with the sea eagles brand for some time.

Didn't they start talks on a deal for full sponsorship, but the price was too low?

I was originally told the full sponsorship was a done deal but since have not been able to get a story as to why it did not come through. I heard the price was not agreed and also another issue around some media article released..honestly not too sure.

Ask Dean Ritchie or any other 'journalist' from the Telegraph.... They are sure to know all the 'facts'.

Why don't we go back and discuss the crazy days of Daley and co. They're interesting.......in a historical sense. Honestly, those who discount the thanks we should give to Max are just bitter people with an axe to grind (can't figure out why). Who 'passionately' follows the Sea Eagles, wants to buy in, and then goes and gives cash to the Dogs? That just doesn't make any sense. Just name and shame is my idea. Stupid thread from a stupid person.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6