Spirit of Jye lives on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
While we all miss our very own Captain Calamity, Jye Mullane, it is heartening to see that his ghost has found a new vessel to reside in.

SHANE WATSON!!!!!!

What a catalogue of disasters that boy is. If he's the future of Australian cricket we'd better get ourselves acquainted with the cellar.

Ponting preferred to use Hussey as a bowler rather than Watson yesterday.

The selectors should resign for picking Hogg and watson in the team ahead of White and Stuart clark. Also McGrath has seen better days and should have retired after the tests.

Watson certainly has the ability with the bat but he never lasts more than half an hour.He always gets out playing a silly shot.

it was hardly the bowling that cost us last night - was par on that pitch with the outfield as quick as it was early on.

The batsman in the finals were crap, only punta and haydos did anything worthwhile

and once rain hits with the D/L method your ****ed if the team has some decent runs on the board.

watson was pretty **** though

Oh how quickly we forget.

Dont write Watson off just yet. He played well in the Champions Trophy, opening the batting with Gilchrist.

Player HS Avg SR
Shane Watson 57* 32 76.65

Had the 4th best figures out of the aussies behind Martyn, Hussey and Symonds with the bat.

and had close to the best bowling figures for any Australian taking 8 wickets, only 2 less than McGrath and Bracken with the second best economy rate and average.

Player W Avg BF Eco
Shane Watson 8 17 3/16 4
Glenn McGrath 10 15.8 3/22 3.59
Nathan Bracken 10 19.4 3/22 4.73
Mitchell Johnson 5 22.2 3/40 4.44
Brett Lee 6 34 2/31 4.81

i think Watsom can be a gun, but he hasn't got enough miles in his legs of late. His bowling was inconsitant and batting was decent.

I would of played Clark and White over Hogg and Watson.

Also - Haddin should get Gilly's spot - no questions asked.

gilly has scored about 100 runs in his last 8 innings - if it werent for the world cup coming up his spot would be under pressure - and rightfully so.

Haddin has been in great form, so good that there were commentators saying pick him as a batsman for the world cup nothing to do with his keeping.

im not saying drop gilly but a poor world cup and it has to be on the cards

I'm not concerned about Watson. He's now played a couple of games and is now overdue for an injury. There's no way he'll make the World Cup.

Watson reminds me of Trevor Chappel and Simon O'Donnell in that his bowling or batting will never get him picked on their own. It seems as if we are trying to find a Flintoff - better to pick a full time bowler, especially as we are losing two of the best ever in history in Warne and MCgrath.

As for Gilly I think the pressure of having to keep and open is catching up to him. Maybe he should drop down the order. Haddin has NZ next week to show his class - he did well for the Blues yesterday.

I can see Gilly and Haydos retiring from One Dayers after the World Cup, in the hope to prolong their test career.

While we all miss our very own Captain Calamity, Jye Mullane, it is heartening to see that his ghost has found a new vessel to reside in.

SHANE WATSON!!!!!!

What a catalogue of disasters that boy is. If he's the future of Australian cricket we'd better get ourselves acquainted with the cellar.

Your aussie this week??

Why bring watson into a final when he hasn't played for australia in ages. Johnson should have been in.. for Watson.. ahh well

I actually think Ian Chappell is a good commentator... i think you'll find his advice and knowledge is better than any of the rest. In saying that Richie Benaud is a legend though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4