Speculation Max v Mayer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Why do we think Max wants Mayer out?

I reckon its because Mayer's to close to Penn and probably feels he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Re: Speculation Max v Mayor

its possible but surely he realises what it is doing to the club and his image amongst fans

Well there must be some legit reasons.

It's just too nasty not to be any.

grant mayer is a great ceo but not sure if hes up tp being the mayor ;)

how you like them apples knucklehead :p hehe

Dan link said:
its possible but surely he realises what it is doing to the club and his image amongst fans

i dont think any of those clowns have much of a clue or none of this would have been heard of in the press as it all would have been behind closed doors where it should be

Cliffy Gc link said:

Grrrrrrr oh well it's good to see you can make a post without any expletives. Well done. :)

TBH there has been a long silence from some factions. A lot of barrel chested ramblings from others.

If the quotes from Delmege last week were taken last week and in context then its time for him to step aside.

However I just do not trust the media, and a lot of this is probably BS concocted to make a story.

Either way, loose lips sink ships and everyone should keep theirs closed

byso link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=180527.msg224926#msg224926 date=1243249411]

Grrrrrrr oh well it's good to see you can make a post without any expletives. Well done. :)
[/quote]
its f##ken good hey ;)

Byso asks a good question. Fluffy is right too and saying that it all should be carried out behind closed doors.

The talk earlier in the year is that Max was miffed that Mayer announced the end of his sponsorship and the call for a new one in the week prior to the Grand Final without consulting him. (It was smart business but maybe not smart in keeping the co-owner happy!)

Reading between the lines, Max has seemed to want to have a say on the running of the place and yet his 'interference' (a la the signing of Monaghan and the trusty steed incident)  has got up the nose of some of those running the team - I know that for a fact. (Wrongly or rightly, Max was putting up some money and wanted a say - whereas others probably had the view - you pay the bills and we know about football and will make those decisions!) Because he put up the money his input was tolerated but not necessarily liked. He has never been particularly media savvy or judicious in his comments.

In the end my guess is that Mayer didn't give Max the position or respect that he felt he deserved and was seen to work more closely with Penn. In the end it is a clash of egos - a paid employee versus a sponsor!

What I don't understand is why Deans, Sibraa and Bryant would entertain getting rid of Mayer just to placate Max. Obviously Max was in opposition to the Leagues club sale and yet it overwhelmingly went against him.

Did Willo give Max his 'sheep' photos? 

Another question is, if Max is not as financially sound, what benefit to him is getting rid of Mayer or Penn for that matter and how will it help Manly?

Byso would be bereft without a conspiracy theory.

Max needs the cash and is forcing a buy-out, but on his terms.  He will either get the millions he needs, or he will trash the joint trying to do so.

Canteen Worker link said:
What I don't understand is why Deans, Sibraa and Bryant would entertain getting rid of Mayer just to placate Max. Obviously Max was in opposition to the Leagues club sale and yet it overwhelmingly went against him.

Yeah that needs some invest igation.

Mata, certainly true I do like a conspiracy theory but maybe Max has methods to his madness.

Mata, even your theory is possible.

byso link said:
Mata, certainly true I do like a conspiracy theory but maybe Max has methods to his madness.

Mata, even your theory is possible.
Byso, his comments on Friday on telly (that he is now saying were misrepresented as he looked like a goose) were classic powerplay.

That is all fine and dandy except that he is playing around with 'our' football club and making it look like a 'two bob' outfit.

My belief is that this started some time before the finals last season when Max fell behind with the payments to MWSE and failed to stump up the deposit for the Leagues club joint venture. I reckon Grant has either commented in front of others or straight up confronted Max which pissed him off or embarrassed him. What has happened since is his effort at retribution and more lately, possibly manouvre a way out for him financially.

Bradza link said:
and more lately, possibly manouvre a way out for him financially.
  See Byso?  It's not just me ......

(And Bradza and I haven't exactly always seen eye to eye over the years)

I should correct what I said. Both Penn and Max put up the deposit for the Leagues club JV but because it didn't proceed by a set date they lost the money which I believe was a couple of hundred thousand each. That would piss me off if I was Penn and the delay in the MWSE payments would directly effect the CEO's running of the business. and piss him off

If I'm anywhere near right what is still too hard to believe is how Max can be willing to let retribution destabilise the club so much (possibly to the point of death). This is why his "only caring about the fans" lines annoy me so much.

Basically we have high stakes staring contest going on and there are no rules.

I wonder how Max would go if Penn said, Ok mate - the clubs yours - raise 3.5 -4.0 million within 7 days, and it's yours.

On the flip-side, Penn has just given the Leagues Club a cash Loan of his own, so they can payout Bank Debt according to the papers.

One owner can't pay his tax liabilities and promised commitments To the club, the other hands over (3 million wasn't it?) to alleviate the high interest rate the club is paying.

Is there a need currently for a health industry?
Is there a need currently for a deflating commercial property space atm?

Who knows?

What I DO know, is max's antics have really turned me off the game this year.

Matabele link said:
Max needs the cash and is forcing a buy-out, but on his terms.  He will either get the millions he needs, or he will trash the joint trying to do so.

I believe it to be this above but plus one other element.

Believe or disbelieve, but max also has an emotional connection. He put in as saviour and then found his financial, emotional and controlling interest diluted/demoted by the Penns. Hence his almost bitter statement about pumping too much money into the place & that he was misled about the extent of the financial commitment required.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6