Special mention to Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Last post for a week at least, but a worthy 1 in a hard game to swallow
Harper made some of the best defensive tackles I've witnessed in a while
Newcastle centre Best is a powerful player who squats off opposition like mosquitoes, yet Harper had him covered all day and then some....in a game dominated by poor officialdom, Harper was a standout.

Agree, his defence was great.
His inexperience cost us though when he got pushed into touch. In fact inexperience of a few of our players cost us today.
I thought the team tried really hard but with the huge leg-up the 'perfect' Knights got from penalties and sinbins, our errors in the end were just too much to overcome.
We'll be back, and will get a few players back (we'd better!). Harper will stay in the team though even if all players available, his defence has been consistently good.

His inexperience cost us though when he got pushed into touch. In fact inexperience of a few of our players cost us today.
I thought the team tried really hard but with the huge leg-up the 'perfect' Knights got from penalties and sinbins, our errors in the end were just too much to overcome.
We'll be back, and will get a few players back (we'd better!). Harper will stay in the team though even if all players available, his defence has been consistently good.
I’ll excuse him for ‘going’ into touch, as that should’ve been a penalty. If that happens 10m infield guarantee it’s six again for a second effort in the tackle.

I’ll excuse him for ‘going’ into touch, as that should’ve been a penalty. If that happens 10m infield guarantee it’s six again for a second effort in the tackle.
The rule they use for a tackle is “the ball or the arm holding the ball touches the ground”. That’s exactly what happened. He stood up to play it and they dragged him over. If he stood up and planted the ball over the tryline, it would have been called a double movement, I have no doubt. Just another example of the rule being applied, or not, on a referee’s whim. If it was a Newcastle player, then we would have been penalised.

I like his efforts in defence as well.

He really doesn't give up.

there was one tackle where he knew the tackle player offloaded the ball and Harper was on the ground.

Harper let go and crawled backwards into the player with the ball, obviously not to tackle him but just to get into his legs and tangle him up until someone else could get over the top. It was a good 'never stop' play.

Well not sure that was inexperience - I for one thought the tackle complete and he was getting up to play the ball. Just my read. Should have been our penalty.

Well not sure that was inexperience - I for one thought the tackle complete and he was getting up to play the ball. Just my read. Should have been our penalty.

gets tackled...tries to play the ball...gets dragged out...ref calls for a scrum

Knights player - jumps on the ball...no one touches him, ref calls held. Garrick looks at ref like wtf...ref calls held.

Go Morgan go! And if you know any forensic accountants, there's a ref I want you to have a look at.

gets tackled...tries to play the ball...gets dragged out...ref calls for a scrum

Knights player - jumps on the ball...no one touches him, ref calls held. Garrick looks at ref like wtf...ref calls held.

Go Morgan go! And if you know any forensic accountants, there's a ref I want you to have a look at.
yes should have been penalised for a voluntary tackle? They used to have that rule - I gather it is still there.

Love what Harper brings to the side - he is an upgrade on Walker in my eyes and costs a fraction of the price. Worry he's carrying a few injuries to those legs and he is strapped up like a trotter but keeps producing every week regardless.

Morgan Harper has been somewhat of a revelation this year, but a little concerning to see all that bandaging on his leg. He got beaten a few times last night, which isn't unusual for a centre, but is well out of character compared with his top defensive work previously.

Just wondering if he needs some time off to fix his leg? If so, we (suddenly) have some decent replacement options.

Morgan Harper has been somewhat of a revelation this year, but a little concerning to see all that bandaging on his leg. He got beaten a few times last night, which isn't unusual for a centre, but is well out of character compared with his top defensive work previously.

Just wondering if he needs some time off to fix his leg? If so, we (suddenly) have some decent replacement options.
Problem is, the way these guys have been playing lately, if he takes time off to heal does he get his spot back??
Has been great this year, but if he sits out the next 2 or 3 weeks and Walker dominates the next 2 or 3 games (because ide have Walker replace him over suli) he wont be guranteed to walk straight back into first grade

I’ve been one of his biggest supporters since he cracked 1st grade, due to his snapping one on one tackles. But he did get beaten a cpl times tonight. Then that intercept failure, that led to a try. He’s been going hard for so long with bandaged legs, does Des rest him. and bring in Walker? Or will it be a case of Harpers spot to lose?

I’ve been one of his biggest supporters since he cracked 1st grade, due to his snapping one on one tackles. But he did get beaten a cpl times tonight. Then that intercept failure, that led to a try. He’s been going hard for so long with bandaged legs, does Des rest him. and bring in Walker? Or will it be a case of Harpers spot to lose?
I agree that it may be time for a mid season rest for Harper. He seemed restricted with that huge knee strapping. Maybe with players back that it time to rotate a few. Parker and Harper to bench and give Suli, Walker a go. Jake and DCE will need resting soon too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4