• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you look real closely, you can see the planet @Captain Moondog is from!

lol, I'm kidding. :angel::angel::angel::giggle::giggle:

Screen-Shot-2023-08-03-at-9.06.00-am.png
Yes, it was bloody cold there, we all had to live underground and the native chappies weren't friendly. I definitely prefer it here and so does Professor Barbenfouillis. Our arrival on earth was captured on film....

Yes, it was bloody cold there, we all had to live underground and the native chappies weren't friendly. I definitely prefer it here and so does Professor Barbenfouillis. Our arrival on earth was captured on film....

I liked the 2011 movie "Hugo" - which I also watched in 3D which had Georges - played by Kingsley.

Old news but could be something eventually found. The reasons relate to the behaviour of Kuiper Zone dwarf planets Sedna, Makemake, Eris, Haumea and Quaroar, the latter having a ring and moon called Weywot. They are the biggest so far found, Eris being only slightly smaller than Pluto. All have elliptical orbits way outside Neptune and the feature of their unusual orbits has suggested a ninth major planet perhaps 5 to 8 times the size of Earth but perhaps as much as ten times the distance outside of Neptune and in a highly elliptical orbit (not in the same plane as the rest of the planets). The distance makes discovery very hard because the light from the sun at the suspected distance would be fainter than Apparent Magnitude 22 which makes it 600 times dimmer than Pluto.

Last edited:
I keep Pluto in.

No half assed collection of nerds who fumble through a raise yer hands vote gets to tell me what's a planet or not.

My very excited mother just sold us ....nothing

(ugh)

Ah, another of the Plutophiles. True believers. Yes I was upset when the dog planet was downgraded to a dwarf planet with the rest of the riff raff. Bastards I said. No respect. But then some dude discovered these other dwarf planets and found one further out called Eris. WTF. This bloody world is almost the same size as Pluto and seems slightly more massive. Hey what's going on here? What really knocked my socks off (can one knock one's socks off?) this Pluto dude is actually less than a sixth as massive as our damned moon. Pluto's diameter is only 2377 kms whereas out moon is 3474 kms. If Pluto was where our Moon is in our sky, romantic trysts would be up the Khyber for ever. Only a fraction of our moon shine (and I dont mean the booze either). Even the captured dwarf planet Triton, hanging in orbit around Neptune is bigger. Just not right I say. Someone has to pay.

ps I stuffed up earlier suggesting it was Sedna that was as big as Pluto. No way. Its half the size. It was Eris that's Pluto sized. Did'ld a quick edit. In keeping with the nomenclatures of these damned dwarf planet things, they should have called Eris, Goofy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8