• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A thread for space things

In about TWENTY MINUTES SpaceX are launching a rocket with 2 astronauts on it (Doug and Bob - awesome astronaut names I reckon) for the FIRST time to link up with the ISS.

Tune in or be uncool!

NOW

edit: Scratch that. Delayed due to weather. Next go Saturday.

sheesh. 1000's of pounds of thrust... going into space AND back and a few clouds scare you off????

wusses.

Australia needs a space program. Tougher!

"We are not going to launch today." Due to the weather conditions, the launch is scrubbing. Our next opportunity will be Saturday, May 30 at 3:22pm ET. Live #LaunchAmerica coverage will begin at 11am ET.

Last edited:
Sounds like Greg Inglis may have been in charge of the launch?

Meanwhile has anyone seen my missing matter? Oh good, some local scientists found it! ( I was nearly going to put this in the Omnipotent beings thread but this one will do fine) :)

Meanwhile has anyone seen my missing matter? Oh good, some local scientists found it! ( I was nearly going to put this in the Omnipotent beings thread but this one will do fine) :)

I was thinking of the Omnipotent thread when I read this:

"What we're talking about here is what scientists call baryonic matter, which is the normal stuff that you and I are made of," said Associate Professor Jean-Pierre Macquart .

I was "Uh-oh"

LIFT OFF!

All went well. Takes about 19 hours to get to the ISS.

Rocket remotely landed on a floating platform near Ireland successfully.

I swear those 2 astronauts look like a couple of Dads out for a weekend drive. They seemed to have had to do sfa in the module as well. Pressing about 4 buttons.

Unbelievable what they can do ....

Image may contain: text that says 'Congratulations to the astronauts that left earth today. Good choice.'

Safely docked at the ISS a couple of days ago you uncaring smurfs.

So some decent history being made. Just the return trip to do!

Safely docked at the ISS a couple of days ago you uncaring smurfs.

So some decent history being made. Just the return trip to do!
Pfft rich man's science. How about feeding the planet?
(But I hope they get home safely!)

Monday, NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter became the first aircraft in history to make a powered, controlled flight on another planet. The Ingenuity team at the agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California confirmed the flight succeeded after receiving data from the helicopter via NASA’s Perseverance Mars rover at 6:46 a.m. EDT (3:46 a.m. PDT).

“Now, 117 years after the Wright brothers succeeded in making the first flight on our planet, NASA’s Ingenuity helicopter has succeeded in performing this amazing feat on another world,” Zurbuchen said.

Monday, NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter became the first aircraft in history to make a powered, controlled flight on another planet. The Ingenuity team at the agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California confirmed the flight succeeded after receiving data from the helicopter via NASA’s Perseverance Mars rover at 6:46 a.m. EDT (3:46 a.m. PDT).

“Now, 117 years after the Wright brothers succeeded in making the first flight on our planet, NASA’s Ingenuity helicopter has succeeded in performing this amazing feat on another world,” Zurbuchen said.
I really don't get the fascination with Mars. From all reports its absolutely **** - cold, dark, windy, cold, dusty, cold, windy and more dust. Like the last time Elon Musk was on Rogans podcast talking about setting off thermonuclear explosions to heat it up, left me thinking why not just put that effort into making earth better.

Anyway rant over. Have you read this:

I really don't get the fascination with Mars. From all reports its absolutely **** - cold, dark, windy, cold, dusty, cold, windy and more dust. Like the last time Elon Musk was on Rogans podcast talking about setting off thermonuclear explosions to heat it up, left me thinking why not just put that effort into making earth better.

But.... it's where the new Manly ground is going to be!

meh Flying on Mars >>> drone toy over everest

thinking why not just put that effort into making earth better.

Because the Earth is doomed, and Mankind needs to expand into space or perish ... (Albiet millennia from know) .. Plus the knowledge gained in Colonising a near neighbour is a necessary stepping stone to that eventuality and the technological advances in that cause do benefit Earth now ...

Which raises the obvious question ... Was God just having a laugh when he hid the matter ... or was he just careless ?

I really don't get the fascination with Mars. From all reports its absolutely **** - cold, dark, windy, cold, dusty, cold, windy and more dust. Like the last time Elon Musk was on Rogans podcast talking about setting of nuclear explosions to heat it up, left me thinking why not just put that effort into making earth better.

But.... it's where the new Manly ground is going to be!

meh Flying on Mars >>> drone toy over everest
meh Flying on Mars in a studio >>> drone toy over everest

Because the Earth is doomed, and Mankind needs to expand into space or perish ... (Albiet millennia from know) .. Plus the knowledge gained in Colonising a near neighbour is a necessary stepping stone to that eventuality and the technological advances in that cause do benefit Earth now ...
If Earth is doomed, it is because of overpopulation, but the sustainability folk think a fake burger is of greater importance...

Pppfffffttttt..... Thanks professor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4