Soward: Sea Eagles, Raiders among five title contenders - Yep Sowie is making sense

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

NYEagle

Bencher
Sowie is making a lot of sense of late...He is actually turning into a writer that’s worth reading.

NYEagle

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/29/soward-sea-eagles-raiders-among-five-title-contenders/

1. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (Last week: 2)
For the first time in two years, I've put Manly on top. They are the best team to watch. They defend hard, they compete on every play. DCE and Tom Trbojevic are the best seven-and-one combo in the game. Tommy is quickly catching Tedesco as one of the best fullbacks in the game. The Sea Eagles are really fun to watch. They are must-see TV at the moment.

Sowie is making a lot of sense of late...He is actually turning into a writer that’s worth reading.

NYEagle

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/29/soward-sea-eagles-raiders-among-five-title-contenders/

For the first time in two years, I've put Manly on top. They are the best team to watch. They defend hard, they compete on every play. DCE and Tom Trbojevic are the best seven-and-one combo in the game. Tommy is quickly catching Tedesco as one of the best fullbacks in the game. The Sea Eagles are really fun to watch. They are must-see TV at the moment.
Lol does it really make sense? Beat the best team in the comp by a mile in golden point and we're now first on his ladder? If we're unbeaten by round 24 and beat the Storm again then maybe but it's stupid to say we're the best team in the comp.

Looks like Soward has taken a liking to us!!!!!!

I'm feeling more & more confident each week in our ability to WIN games. There is always a slight doubt, maybe more so nervousness, but if these guys continue to play to their potential then I can't see them NOT in the GF 2019!

Lol does it really make sense? Beat the best team in the comp by a mile in golden point and we're now first on his ladder? If we're unbeaten by round 24 and beat the Storm again then maybe but it's stupid to say we're the best team in the comp.
He never said we're the best team in the comp. He said we're the best team to watch.......I agree at the moment.

He never said we're the best team in the comp. He said we're the best team to watch.......I agree at the moment.
When you put a team in first place on your rankings it means you consider them the best team in the comp at the moment which I don't agree with and I'm sure Des thinks so too. But I do agree that we're the best team to watch.

When you put a team in first place on your rankings it means you consider them the best team in the comp at the moment which I don't agree with and I'm sure Des thinks so too. But I do agree that we're the best team to watch.
Nah power rankings are more about flow and momentum. Zero tackle had Canberra as #1 in their power rankings which is a pretty fair call too.
I think it makes sense to call us among the 5 serious contenders, and yes we are #1 in terms of entertainment value - a far cry from the last 3 years where were were dull as.
NYEagle

Good summation of where Manly have really ended up

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/23/soward-storm-reign-in-rain-bunnies-battle-on/

I rate his work and will check his sensible analyses next year.

NYEagle
Yeah he's been pretty good this year.
I had a shot at him on Twitter last year.
Probably why he's pulled his socks up.
That'll learn him.
He's pretty much on the money with us and souffs in that summary and I love what he says about the slime.
Really not as good as they thought they were...

Gosi attacking Walker cost Manly a repeat set plus pissed off the Refs enough to award a penalty against him.
Truly Park football mentality and not 'Team First' finals mentality :fubar:

Parker's habit of tripping was terrible to see.
Then taking out a player mid air a meter off their own line showed once again that Manly need to pick up on their tactical thinking :nerd:

Both are young and the off season will drum some footy sense into our young players :nod:

The replay will show them how they lost the game and what to do next finals :nod:

Looks like another acknowledgement that the better team lost.
As for our performance: Bench players as our starting second row, a reserve grade fullback, a centre at 5/8th (definitely didn't play that way though) and other reserve graders making up the bench; we should have been gone! But we had a very real chance to make the GF (and maybe even win it).
If everyone comes good injury wise and we stay that way then we WILL be the team to beat next year - Happy days ahead.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8