Souths v Manly [Round 23 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
Ralphie said:
rmd said:
I still think we were the better team on the night. We had the ascendency but some how let it go. We were obviously the best team for most of the match but just lapsed in important stages. There's nothing to say we can't win the comp, it's just getting the stupid little stuff out of our game like being pushed off scrims or line drop outs that reach touch. Just lapses in concentration that we'll learn. Ultimately take confidence, we were the the better team

What a crock.

Three weeks out from the finals and we haven't beaten a single top 4 team this season. Tonight we played a souffs team that was as weak as it's going to be and we were well beaten. We are complete pretenders. It pains me to say it, but we will be cannon fodder to the top 3 come finals time.

oh good, we wont have to hear from you until next year then

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Better to lose now than in the grand final. The best sides don't always get the trophy when it counts. eg. 1983, 1995, 1997.

mozgrame

Engorged member
I ****ing hate inglis. He is not the Messiah, nor is he a naughty boy...he is a diving **** that should be shot between the eyes with a ball of his own ****!!!

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The penalty count was 10 - 5.

But that includes 2 that were of absolutely no consequence. So take it as 10 -3.

The turning point was Skivvy's try. It was a try for your life.

People on here blow up about the pinkies on a regular basis but tonight it was a taken to a whole new level.

One thing we can take from tonight....we've got more than enough class to towel up Souffs in the semis. They're one side I'm not worried about playing.

the mauler said:
Shoe1 said:
I was surprised at perenara's lack of feel for the game, his lack of intuition. He got a lot wrong, and he's an ex player. He doesn't seen very sure of his decisions either.

The young Souths centre that tabckled Matai was shaking his head and threw the ball to the ground ffs. He gave it away. Shocking decision

I was not convinced he got it down, the way Matai was over enthusiastic when he got up suggested to me he was playing it up.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
The Who said:
Ralphie said:
rmd said:
I still think we were the better team on the night. We had the ascendency but some how let it go. We were obviously the best team for most of the match but just lapsed in important stages. There's nothing to say we can't win the comp, it's just getting the stupid little stuff out of our game like being pushed off scrims or line drop outs that reach touch. Just lapses in concentration that we'll learn. Ultimately take confidence, we were the the better team

What a crock.

Three weeks out from the finals and we haven't beaten a single top 4 team this season. Tonight we played a souffs team that was as weak as it's going to be and we were well beaten. We are complete pretenders. It pains me to say it, but we will be cannon fodder to the top 3 come finals time.
You are full of sh*t

You know what, I wish I was, but sadly we will see who's full of **** in just a few weeks.

I'm calling it as see it, you have a different opinion, but thanks for the personal attack, it's nothing less than I would expect from you.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How many second efforts dragging us over the sideline and back into our in goal ?? I'm still trying to get over Horo being put on report. Did I miss a one inch punch or secret ninja pressure point play in that tackle ??

Anyway, thought our effort was very good tonight. Just couldn't build pressure because of the usual errors and penalties conceded. Defence was generally pretty good all night. Just lacked a bit of luck on the 50/50's that you need in big games like tonight. I'm pretty happy with the effort to be honest, definite improvement from the last time. Good hit out before a couple of more tough ones coming up.

panash

Reserve Grader
voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
Stop blaming the refs.....

Mate I am filthy - do you deny the Matai try? Do you deny the questionable releasing penalties for the bunnies? C'mon if Peranara calls try it is game over - I would hasten to say there will be mirror images of that try called try this year.

100% VFTH

Fluffy

Journey Man
Technical Coach said:
the mauler said:
Shoe1 said:
I was surprised at perenara's lack of feel for the game, his lack of intuition. He got a lot wrong, and he's an ex player. He doesn't seen very sure of his decisions either.

The young Souths centre that tabckled Matai was shaking his head and threw the ball to the ground ffs. He gave it away. Shocking decision

I was not convinced he got it down, the way Matai was over enthusiastic when he got up suggested to me he was playing it up.

Well that makes 2 people, Perenara being the other

the mauler

Bencher
Technical Coach said:
the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:

You're delusional if you think the refs didn't influence the result.

In most close games refs influence the result in some capacity, the point being don't allow yourself to be placed in a position too often where refs can have an influence.

We did not put them away pure and simple. The amount of effort in our tackles to slow the play the ball would show in the last 20mins if we get into a grinding game.

I will say I have never been confident when Manly plays Night Footy under a slippery surface----a day game we would have won tonight.

They were piggy backed out of their own half 5 times in the first half when we were all over them. The refs stitched us up,we didn't have a chance to put the foot on the throat when he had them.

If they were made to work their way out if their own quarter they would've run out of gas in the 2nd half. The refs won them the game. Pure and simple

Ceagle

Bencher
We deserved to beat Melbourne in Melbourne, we deserved to beat Souffs but the refs bummed us and we were competitive against the Roosters with key players missing in both games.

panash

Reserve Grader
Ralphie said:
rmd said:

What a crock.

mate your a true tosser not a supporter

yes we havnt beaten a top 4 team , but to call your team pretenders thats disgusting...

your a loser , go for parramatta

Jerry1

First Grader
mozgrame said:
I f**king hate inglis. He is not the Messiah, nor is he a naughty boy...he is a diving f**k that should be shot between the eyes with a ball of his own s**t!!!
Well at least he didn't somersault himself tonight and get some poor git a couple of weeks.

mozgrame

Engorged member
Jerry1 said:
mozgrame said:
I f**king hate inglis. He is not the Messiah, nor is he a naughty boy...he is a diving f**k that should be shot between the eyes with a ball of his own s**t!!!
Well at least he didn't somersault himself tonight and get some poor git a couple of weeks.

Only because of his gimpy leg. The guy is a dead set ****.

Technical Coach said:
the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:

In most close games refs influence the result in some capacity, the point being don't allow yourself to be placed in a position too often where refs can have an influence.

We did not put them away pure and simple. The amount of effort in our tackles to slow the play the ball would show in the last 20mins if we get into a grinding game.

I will say I have never been confident when Manly plays Night Footy under a slippery surface----a day game we would have won tonight.

For the light hearted - a day game we would have won tonight.....

Not an oxymoron, but gives me another opportunity to say Peranara is a moron.

I have to offer some hope to the people lol, but in all honesty we are a better day game team in attack. Once the game becomes a grind against the top 4 in slippery cold conditions we more often than not struggle to put teams away.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tooves is blowing up big time about the officials in the post match presser

Snake&TurboTomofBrookie

Reserve Grader
EagleFromMay1967 said:
buhrer stripped very clearly but wabits get the penalty

Kiwi Eagle said:
How about the smash from Inglis into Matais head, no attempt at a tackle

mickqld said:
YOU ARE f**king KIDDING THIS IS f**king BULL****

mickqld said:
Well they've got the f**king result they wanted the ****wits.

ifernolan said:
Can't watch anymore, the refs are disgusting. That's why the ratings are going down.

Brissie Kid said:
Yet another stitch up game from the pinksters against Manly. All the penalties & calls go Souths way all night. Yeah Jamie B wasn't stripped of the ball on the Souths line just before halftime. Matai robbed of a try. What a farce.

Moondog said:
Souths did'nt win. We were ripped off.

Technical Coach said:

mozgrame said:
Souths will be in the grand final this year. The refs will see to it.

the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:
the mauler said:
Technical Coach said:

They were piggy backed out of their own half 5 times in the first half when we were all over them. The refs stitched us up,we didn't have a chance to put the foot on the throat when he had them.

If they were made to work their way out if their own quarter they would've run out of gas in the 2nd half. The refs won them the game. Pure and simple

Jethro said:

Clint said:
Jethro said:

Good. And so he should.

I was so FURIOUS and BLOWING UP at the Rabbitohs tonight. And I still am!!! I was so fired up I threw my remote control down onto the floor with a thud sounding out.

Not at first, but after the Rabbitohs continued having the penalty count grow in their favour, I was like "OH COME OFF IT".

I noticed that strip of the ball and I was yelling that there was a second attempt at pulling us over the side line. :mad:

I couldn't watch it anymore after the Rabbitohs went in for the last try of the game- five minutes from full time I think it was. Manly were denied tries. They weren't allowed to move to within one point of the Rabbitohs on the ladder. The Rabbitohs must of been really scared of that thought.

I was pleased with the way ours boys played tonight. The surprise boost of Anthony Watmough to our side was exactly that to me- a "SURPRISE". When I saw him run out I thought to myself "Was that who I thought it was?! Was I seeing things? When it was confirmed that it was Watmough, I thought "Oh, good. He's alright."
I'm always concerned when one of our boys are down on the ground and not getting up after a tackle. I continuously say "What happened?, Are you alright, mate? Oh, good. He's alright." That last one is when I see them (the player) up in the line and running and you would never of thought he was down injured for a minute a couple of minutes before.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16