Souths "the compassionate club"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad someone posted about this as it makes no sense and I couldn’t be bothered.

Who walks away from one contract to sign a much lower one? He obviously took a cash payout under the table.
I guess the alternative theory is that Souths had grounds to terminate The Jet's contract but instead came to a mutual decision for him to be released. That way, he was a chance of getting a contract elsewhere (and screwing up another club's cap, not for compassionate reasons).

Someone sent me this but I couldn't figure out what thread to put it in so chose the first souffs one I found.

20210114_211845.jpg

View attachment 16729thats funny I didn't know which thread to put this one in... big daddy wayne has told Mr. Arrow he wont be sporting any stupid haircuts this season. Hah!

Ps what a DESpicable haircut man fmd.. and this guy has a glamour girlfriend
Just another tosser wrapped up in the “look at me, look at me”social media world. The guy looks like a typical nrl player cliche. Lame. At least I think he cut it off for charity I guess - at least I think that was the story.

Mal Meninga has emerged as a potential surprise coaching option for South Sydney should they part ways with under fire coach Jason Demetriou.

Meninga and ex-Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire are among the names being considered should Demetriou be sacked after Saturday’s game.

It is understood South Sydney powerbrokers want an experienced mentor to see out the season should Demetriou be axed.

The only genuine option within the club is assistant coach Ben Hornby – and he too remains in the mix – but the Rabbitohs could add to their coaching stocks should things sour with Demetriou.

Mal Meninga, pictured talking to Darren Lockyer, is the subject of a strong push to take over at Souths. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images

Mal Meninga, pictured talking to Darren Lockyer, is the subject of a strong push to take over at Souths.

However, it is understood there is a strong push for Meninga to take over the club. He shares a close relationship with South Sydney players Latrell Mitchell, Campbell Graham, Cam Murray, Jack Wighton and Damien Cook through his time as Kangaroos coach. Meninga remains the current Australian coach but has no national commitments until the end of the NRL season. He has left his advisory position with the Titans and a short-term stint could work for Meninga who last coached in the NRL in 2001 with Canberra.

He has since gone on to become the most decorated representative coach with success at Queensland and Australia.

Maguire’s name has also been floated as a potential option with the premiership winning coach needed to juggle his NSW coaching commitments with any potential return to the club.

Given Maguire’s hopes of one day coaching in the NRL a short-term stint may not work as well for him as it would for Meninga.

By locking down Meninga it would enable South Sydney to go into the market for a coach in 2025 with Wayne Bennett at the top of their list.

Meninga has been a staunch supporter of Mitchell.

“He is such a big figure,” Meninga has said recently. “You talk about the Rabbitohs and everyone talks about Latrell. He is a good leader. People don’t understand how good a leader he is and how he speaks. He has a purpose in life. He is one of the best defensive fullbacks in the game.

NSW coach Michael Maguire.

NSW coach Michael Maguire.
“He stops more tries than most fullbacks in the game. There is no bigger character in our game. But rugby league is a team game.

“He will make a difference when everyone else is doing their job.”

Meninga also tried to entice him to the Titans in 2019 before he opted to join the Roosters.

Queensland coach Billy Slater is another name which would be discussed but he is considered long odds to want the short-term role.

South Sydney face the Sharks on Saturday before having the bye. The players will have three days off after the clash enabling the Rabbitohs management to lock down a potential coach before the players return.

They play Melbourne in round eight.

Mal can only coach a team of stars that do not need much, if any coaching. He has only really had success with QLD & Australian teams because of this. He hardly set the world on fire in his 5 year coaching stint at Canberra.
I agree but I doubt he would be doing any coaching, per se. They'll probably use assistants to run sessions and bring Mal in as the 'face' of the coaching staff, to do all the man management stuff and the inspirational speeches and what not.

Mal can only coach a team of stars that do not need much, if any coaching. He has only really had success with QLD & Australian teams because of this. He hardly set the world on fire in his 5 year coaching stint at Canberra.
Mals lot these days is to be part of a panel of so called footy experts on match days on Fox and say the obvious comments don't think Mals got an opinion on anything tbh. Anyway he's just a fill in till Bennett takes over.

I think this quote says all we need to know about Mal and how his stint will go...

If South's has any sense left, Latrell must be a centre. His 1%'s don't exist at all. He has very little effort, and it shows in his defence.
There are a few that centre is his best position, I think he would make a good number 6 or even a 13, has the size for it.

The fullback role has changed, speed is what most coaches are after at the back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6