Souths premiers?? DeJa Vu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Firstly have heard this glory glory stuff often over the past few years but when it gets down to premiers & reality....the outcome has been different.
The media were waiting for a Manly loss to excite the average punter out there & with the Seaeagles miles ahead of the competition in 2014 , the first team to beat Manly were going to be talked up big time as the "team to beat"
Souths treated this like a final & had more intensity & deserved a solid win on Friday but Manly have an extra 25% saved up for the big games & Souths maybe 5%....
No doubt Souths are a threat as are Roosters & though I hate to admit it...the Storm will be there abouts.
The only others who can challenge are Nth Qld & NZ.
Personally expected Souths would be more desperate & have more desire to get the points on Friday but the outcome of this game will mean nothing come the finals....Manly who have been cruising along in recent times could have been rolled by any team who showed that extra hunger wanting to prove themselves against the benchmark team.
Manly are still the team to beat & Souths are still a contender with 2-3 other teams, really Fridays game changes little for who will win the games that count.

Souths played at 100% on Friday. Make no mistake about it.
We played our 2nd worst game all year - behind the Tigers game.

Storm have got chronic defensive deficiencies. They won't figure it's down to 3 teams only.

Roosters are still clearly the team to beat.

Haven't peaked yet but they will.

They will put 50 on the Tigpies this week and a similar score against the Bunnies in 3 weeks time. In between they play the Warriors who play well once a month.

Nth Qld are a joke, 4 wins in a row and everyone gets excited. They have beaten Cronulla, Dogs, Gold Coast and Tigers. Like Souths they have a losing culture.

To be honest Manly can only win if the ruck is policed properly. Our pack is too small, and maybe too soft, as has been highlighted by Souths and the Dogs.

bob dylan said:
To be honest Manly can only win if the ruck is policed properly. Our pack is too small, and maybe too soft, as has been highlighted by Souths and the Dogs.

Yeah well we all know that will happen......NOT

I think due to this, and the NRL clearly wanting a Roosters-Souths GF that we will be pushing ****e up a hill.

However in saying that not many teams are as good as Manly in doing that!!

This is why we need Jorge and Matai fit and firing runny hard and early at the Souffs and rorters halves as they are such weak links in defense.

I think this year they might just make it . I know we hear the same thing every year , and they always fall short . But after the hiding they gave us the other night , where they literally smashed us all around the park like we were 3rd graders , i think this is their year . Im not sure if we can recover from this belting , but i guess we will have to see .

Imanly said:
I think this year they might just make it . I know we hear the same thing every year , and they always fall short . But after the hiding they gave us the other night , where they literally smashed us all around the park like we were 3rd graders , i think this is their year . Im not sure if we can recover from this belting , but i guess we will have to see .

Yeah I guess you're right Imanly. Souths beat us on Friday night so that clearly indicates that they will be premiers. Look, I'd be prepared to say that on the basis of that game that our beloved Manly will fade and never be a force again, and a Souths premiership in 2014 is a foregone conclusion. I'm sure you'll agree that Souths will most likely also go back to back in 2015. Thanks Imanly for your insight.

the last 15 minutes of that match on Friday night was the most unbearable I have ever heard Phil Gould be, and that's saying something. He was more controlled on GF day last year when the Roosters won. I could not believe the tripe coming out of his mouth the other night, it made me sick.

Don't underestimate 2V and our leadership group (including Foz and Chez) when it really counts.

Equally don't underestimate the mental weight on South's (from top to bottom, players and supporters) and that 43 years of failure and farking up when it really matters.

We've shown we can beat anyone this year (including Sths, Dogs, Chooks, Cows, ETCetera).

And don't be surprised by Uncle Gus, he'll slather over South's because he played there; same as the Dogs; and he coached the Chooks, too.

Just mute the commentary from time-to-time and get the right impression for yourself!

I will concede, at this time, I won't be surprised if South's make the Grand Final.

I wouldn't want to deal with the weight and pressure of expectation over there if they do!

The Albatross tied around the Rabbitohs neck is fantastic. It's like the All Black teams of years gone by, when they were the worlds best team for years on end....but just could not win the big one.

Now I'm not saying the Rabbitohs are as goods as those All Black teams, but that weight of history just seems to bear down terribly on them.

But I think IManly is right. We lost a Rd 22 game so I guess it's impossible to be Premiers.........But then the Rabbitohs lost to the Titans in Rd 17, so does that mean the Titans will be Premiers?? Why are they sacking Cartwright??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4