Sorry Ryan and Thankyou

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I prefer to look on the bright side.
Teams know they can't win without buying some Manly quality.
It's hilarious.
Costs a fortune but hasn't worked yet for Dogs (Hasler, Hodko, T Rex) or Eels ( Hoppa, Lussick etc)
cherry might keep the Tits alive for a couple of years but they won't be winning anything.
Eels might win, but I'll believe it when I see it.
In fact, I'll back. manly to win another comp before the Eels do.

i never doubted what Ryan was saying was what was heard but whether what was heard was someone telling the truth or taking the piss type thing

Given how stupid the former would be at first I though it had to be the later, surely no one can be that much or a dick. As time dragged on I could see I was wrong.

Chry bones, you seem to have some kind of conduit to the inner workings and situation. Did the club know (or want ) this to happen? Is there a method to the madness? Or are we lurching from one cluster **** to the next?

Can you tell us anything at all? Cheers.

I really questioned Foran last year when in about August or September he came out in the Press and said "yeah there is a problem here" or words to that effect and was super negative, just **** you wouldn't say, and any employer would have had a right to give him a slap on the wrist

What got me is how Foran talked about Tooves and how he respected him yet in all the years he was coached by Tooves he didn't measure up to the year he was coached by Arthur

I hope you are right. Today, I think not.

We could have wrapped these guys up LAST year for substantially less than they have now been offered. It is too late. So now we are talking about the dregs of the comp. With the way the last 8 months have played out I do not have the faith that there are another BK's x 2 to be found by our Rabbitoh master team. And maybe I'm wrong.
Huh? Did we not offer contracts long before then? It was just they kept saying they weren't in a rush to sign AKA we want more money.

Why would Foran have signed a contract last year or even months ago thus not allowing a bargaining period to inflate his value.

I'm sure his intent to leave Manly was made long ago (Which Ryan overheard also about boasting he is going to Parramatta----no-one I think thought Ryan was making it up)---- Parra was his preferred option back then but I doubt he signed all that time ago.

He may have known that he was signing the papers at 9am the next morning but still had some reservations but not enough to convince him to stay overnight.

There would have been a long process of Foran talking to Parramatta since last year it does not mean he signed a contract all that time ago, maybe a letter of intent and doing "due diligence".

Not even Ryan was totally confident when I messed around with him last night, he had no proof just Foran boasting like a dropkick that he is leaving for Parramatta which is probably more than enough evidence anyway but it is not a contract signed type of proof.

Never doubted Ryans version of events but to make it out as if "it was a signed done deal long time ago is stretching it"---his intention to leave was made up long ago, his preferred option was Parra long ago, in my opinion he did not sign all that long ago.

Last edited:
Yeah @Ryan apologies for doubting you mate. I guess we all hoped it was bs because we couldn't believe that Former would be so duplicitous. How wrong we were. He has no honor, no credibility & has totally trashed any legacy he left here. He is now a nothing to the club and supporters who have adored him for 6 seasons. No more pal you are now dogsht.

I know Ryans source so never doubted it. However I do not believe he signed back then, he just had every intention of signing there and wasted our time.

Let's not get carried away. The overhead cafe conversation passed onto Ryan was that Choc and Foran would be at Parra THIS year and that Snake would be at the Titans. 1 out of 3. And the Choc to Parra rumour was that worst kept secret in the NRL from about May last year. I sincerely doubt Foran signed a contract last year, he may have reconciled himself to going, but why would he have signed a contract way back then ? Hayne hadn't even announced he was quitting the NRL, so there is no way Parra would have been throwing over a million $ at Foran in July / August last year as their cap was full.

Let's not get carried away. The overhead cafe conversation passed onto Ryan was that Choc and Foran would be at Parra THIS year and that Snake would be at the Titans. 1 out of 3. And the Choc to Parra rumour was that worst kept secret in the NRL from about May last year. I sincerely doubt Foran signed a contract last year, he may have reconciled himself to going, but why would he have signed a contract way back then ? Hayne hadn't even announced he was quitting the NRL, so there is no way Parra would have been throwing over a million $ at Foran in July / August last year as their cap was full.
And Hayne was still in their books.

It's funny my brother in law (Roosters) fan has always told me Foran is overrated, and I used to think 'are you for real?'. But over the last couple of months I've looked a lot more objectively at Foran and had to say 'hmmm maybe all the tire pumping from Sterling and the like has hoodwinked me'. Tough player, definitely, but how many games has he actually grabbed by the scruff of the neck and won for us? I can remember a couple, the game against the Roosters in Rd 2, 2011 for starters, but to be honest I wouldn't say he's won us a tonne of games. Whereas Snake and Killer I can remember 20 games each (easy) where they have been the difference and won us games.

People need to stop thinking the salary cap exists for all players, in theory it should in reality it doesn't.
If a club wants to keep a player at any cost they will, getting harder to do using old traditional methods but there are always loopholes.

I don't doubt that, but you don't just loophole an extra million dollars in your salary cap. If Hayne stays in the NRL there is no way they afford Foran on that coin.

No it wasn't. It was that they were signed sealed and delivered. As Garts says, he knows the source of this personally, so knows it's legitimate.

Ordinarily, hearing that would mean nothing to me, because over the years, the amount of crap you hear is astronomical.

But then I spoke to a former player, who basically told me the same thing, almost word for word.

That legitimized it for me, and boy, it pissed me right off, hence my irrational negativity at the time.

I wish I ****ing didn't say anything truth be told, and I will never do so again.

Bob Saunders who reads this, and knows who I am, so proves im not talking **** again because you'll claim that is false too, David Perry, Grant Mayer and others used to call me from time to time & let me know a few things as well, for various reasons.

If I say things, it's because I'm really frustrated, and I know I shouldn't, and your types of comments are why, so I'm sorry.

Everyone told me I knew nothing about chocs salary too remember. You were one. Yet here I was with his contract, and still you chose to refute it, so I showed Dan the contract.

Like I say, never again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8