Sorry But Monaghan Isn't The Long Term Answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Yes Monaghan has re-signed but I don't think he can lead us back to the Glory Days.... we need a class No.7 and even though he is young I cannot see him improving to the level needed to compete come semi final time.

What the hell was going on on Friday night with 10 minutes to go when instead of kicking the ball way down field he chips it over the top allowing the Roosters to regather it in a great attacking position. And he did the same thing a week or two previous. It seems when the pressure is on he caves. Yes he got Man of the Match but that was questionable.

If the club were trying to get Orford instead of Monaghan I couldn't blame them. The officials at the helm at the moment have turned the club around so let them keep going in the same direction I say. Our greatest weakness at the moment is really our centres, they rarely break the line.

As for Michael Witt he really has improved. His goal kicking is sensational and he rarely misses a tackle.

As for the half time footage of Des going ballistic - thank God he was firing a rocket up them - at the back end of the half it seemed we were trying to concede points exactly the same way we did against Parramatta.

Finally as for the few lucky decisions we got at the end, what goes around comes around and we were due a few of those that's for sure.

Moanamania continues... I still think it is a good thing to have a reasonable improving half back on board than not, and we get some versatility if there are injuries. I am positive that Manly will still move to get Orford and King. Nothing like players fighting for spots to raise enthusiasm.

watching orford again on sunday i am sure he is not your messiah.

10 m out with all the time in the world on the last talke he stood there dancing on the spot like he was michael flately until the tackles made one of the softess tackless i have ever seen.

thanks nostradamus. Now do me.

Will i ever be taking Manly to a premiership??

I would like to see anasta

like this though

Witt 7
Anasta 6
Monas 9

I think thats all the hope we have left if we want a new halves combo this season.

Also, what is the name of that pommy bloke that the guys were rambaling on about in the tri series. Playing great footie and is only a younge bloke too.

Cant remember the name but apparentlt one day wants to play NRL and was a very good looking prospect.

Capt Johnno

That is a fine, fine post.

Truer words have never been spoken.

watching orford again on sunday i am sure he is not your messiah.

10 m out with all the time in the world on the last talke he stood there dancing on the spot like he was michael flately until the tackles made one of the softess tackless i have ever seen.

I was at that game, and he looked completely lost in attack. Melbourne failed to kick on the last a couple of time while attackings, and his kicking game in general was poor.

8 line drop outs for tigers.2 tries from his kicks.real poor.2 other try assists.30 points in second half.perhaps a small wager on us scoring 30 at liechardt-its normally just so easy there.

Sue, whats the ods on orford still?

sue you are so wrong mate its not funny,there were 9 line drop outs.

so orford owns 9 line drop outs

too bad his general kicking must have been non existant then.

and his defence was superb missing 5 and only making 7.

with stats like that id want him alongside monas, not instead

8 line drop outs for tigers.2 tries from his kicks.real poor.2 other try assists.30 points in second half.perhaps a small wager on us scoring 30 at liechardt-its normally just so easy there.

Go to bed.

well yeah they had so much ball compared to Manly against the Roosters.

Its funny how Monas haters point out the error he made against the roosters but dont say anything about Orfords woeful errors in the game against poorer opposition.

Go back to the Tigers game when we played them.. and tell me how Monas played if you really want to compare them.

They are both good halves - but Orford is a genius. Hope we are still a chance to get him!!!!

he has never shown he is a genious

he may have a few tricks up his sleve but he lacks in other areas

Genious..........I thought he was the messiah. :twisted:

Genious..........I thought he was the messiah. :twisted:
You are right byso. They should change the RL field to an olympic size swimming pool and we can watch him walk on water. :roll:

[quote author=sue ridgepipe]

well yeah they had so much ball compared to Manly against the Roosters.

Its funny how Monas haters point out the error he made against the roosters but dont say anything about Orfords woeful errors in the game against poorer opposition.

Go back to the Tigers game when we played them.. and tell me how Monas played if you really want to compare them.

[/quote]

I don't think we are Monaghan haters.... we just think he lacks that bit of class. As for the Tigers game who really cares how he or Orford performs against lower opposition.... come semi final time those teams will be sinking piss on some Island whilst Monas lines up against Lockyer....oh noooo better book my flight.......

So your agreeing its the 5/8 where we are lacking, not half back

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4