SOO Needs a revamp IMHO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
I was looking at the game last night and I fell asleep about 20 mins into it.

That would not have happened twenty years ago, even counting the fact that I was 20 years younger.

It just seems to have lost its appeal a bit or in other words the shine has been knocked off it with a bit of repetitively and age.

So this got me to thinking:

We should have a NSW v QLD and a Pacific Islander v Barbarians

SOO on Tuesday nights and the other on Thursday nights.

Pacific Islanders would play Barbarians and the Barbarians would be anyone not selected for either NSW QLD or Islander teams.

Just a thought guys, what do you think?

I think most clubs are pissed off at their players being taken away due to origin, let alone losing more players for another game.

Champagne.png
I'm nominating Conan to captain the Barbarians.

In the words of Rob Sitch....Champagne Comedy!

not a bad idea but clubs already get hammered losing their stars for SOO. Not sure they'll be much support from clubland...and logistically there's no room for extra games.

After game 1 i thought same thing, i was losing interest in SOO...
last night I was actually barracking for a player, Cherry, rather than a team ... but my passion (suddenly displayed when i found myself jumping to my feet, fist pumping and screaming for joy when Dugan scored the match winner!) surprised me!
not sure if i enjoyed NSW winning, or more the fact that QLD lost
haha suck it QLD grubs! SUCK IT :) look forward to suncorp for game 3!

I myself can fix Nrl & Soo .
This is not chess ,play it the way its meant to be played.
I know it ,you know it.The pencil pushers controlling our game are to worried about law suits skimming off their profits.

Get rid of going into camp, its utter bs

Pick the sides Sunday night, those that pass the medical play Wednesday, then everyone goes back to their clubs for the weekend.

Bring back the biff...it's as simple as that. You can dress up all the PC crap in the world, when it all boils down to it...people want to see big boofy blokes belting each other. It's not rocket science.@:(

Last edited:
Have 3 weeks of no NRL and three straight Saturday's of Origin games.

NSW v Qld and NZ North Island v South Island.

I was looking at the game last night and I fell asleep about 20 mins into it.

That would not have happened twenty years ago, even counting the fact that I was 20 years younger.

It just seems to have lost its appeal a bit or in other words the shine has been knocked off it with a bit of repetitively and age.

So this got me to thinking:

We should have a NSW v QLD and a Pacific Islander v Barbarians

SOO on Tuesday nights and the other on Thursday nights.

Pacific Islanders would play Barbarians and the Barbarians would be anyone not selected for either NSW QLD or Islander teams.

Just a thought guys, what do you think?
Haven't watched a game in 5+ years. Don't care/can't bring myself to care in the slightest. Can't support grubs like Gallen and co for NSW and I dislike most of Qld, so for me it's a complete non event. My only concern is that any selected Manly players make it through unscathed.

Last edited:
sorry for going off at an angie's but don't stop there - The whole of the nrl needs a revamp / repair. The time of a independently run comp including SOO, is long since passed.

Should be played at the end of the season to start with, should be a 3-way comp

NSW, QLD, All-Stars or Islanders.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4