SOO - It's all over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Yep. Queeensland - beautiful one day, complete and absolute mofo uselss LOSERS the next. The best team to ever wear the maroon and white - maybe, but a bunch of useless losers all the same. Anyone at Brookie that I know - the beers are on me thanks to the bookies and $130 profit. What a bunch of big-name, big-ego pack of pussies. Suck that up Cane Toads!

byso link said:
Go NSW ;)

Good game, top defense. Wallace went well. As much as I hate saying it.

Yes, he surprised me as well.

i'm not totally sure, but wouldn't you have to give Bellamy some kudos?  He shut down his own players pretty well.  QLD were comprehensibly beaten and the coach must get the rewards for that

eggson link said:
i'm not totally sure, but wouldn't you have to give Bellamy some kudos?  He shut down his own players pretty well.  QLD were comprehensibly beaten and the coach must get the rewards for that

Yep. I dont like him much but Bellache did an admirable job tonight & you cant help but feel a certain level of confidence with his tactical gameplans.

Poor old Morons got owned. The mighty Queensland pack were woeful tonight and got taught a lesson by a more committed, better drilled side. Thurston showed tonight that he can't play under pressure and the Inbreds lacked direction, at times it was embarrassing.........but funny all the same.

I'll give Wallace his due, I was unsure how he would go but he played well. His kicking game was good and he threw some nice balls. Ahhh...... nice feeling getting the first one out of the way, historically this means we are looking good for the series win.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=177530.msg184955#msg184955 date=1211374882]

Yep. I dont like him much but Bellache did an admirable job tonight & you cant help but feel a certain level of confidence with his tactical gameplans.
[/quote]

Admirable? He was bloody great.

He got blasted by everyone in NSW for the squad he picked (me included, no doubt about that) but the bottom line was he picked a group of players that would suit his gameplan - which as it turned out, was damn near faultless.

Well done to all the Blues team, I thought Brett was good as well.  His take on the first for the first try was brillant.  I wonder when matabele will sheepishly appear today??

PS I hope Gasiner & Cooper pull up bloody sore today

NEW

SOUTH

WALES!!

Rar!
Awesome game!

Brett Stewart was instrumental in so much of it - go Manly!

For a guy whose selection I wasn't convinced with, I thought Quinn played really well. Sure he scored a couple of tries, but he made some very good reads in defence and snuffed out a couple of dangerous situations. He had good support from Cooper in this department as well.

The Wheel link said:
PS I hope Gasiner & Cooper pull up bloody sore today

Same. Cooper was excellent defensively, did a massive job containing Billy Slater in particular.

And Gasnier was my MOM. Just outstanding all game.

Stewart was fantastic, had the $2 on offer for him to cross the line, along with NSW @ $2.30

Personally, 1 of my favourite moments from the match, aside from the 94 times Slater got smashed, was when Crocker had a filthy little forearm into Wallaces chin as he Wallace tried to tackle him and then Mason came in and smashed him. Beautiful to watch

Hopefully Gasnier loses his form before Friday

I loved that Wallace got creamed after every kick he made - because he got up every time as well. Tough little bugger he is, and what a great game he had.

willstyles link said:
I loved that Wallace got creamed after every kick he made - because he got up every time as well. Tough little bugger he is, and what a great game he had.

Agree, it was good to see him not try and milk. They were really into him on every kick but he handled the pressure well. More than can be said for Bird in the second half, they pressured his kicking game into mistakes.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8