SOO 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
State of Origin is not too far off, so a few questions

1) What is your Blues team (or QLD team if you are that way inclined)

2) Will Manly have any representation

3) Will Watmough miss out

A1)
1. Dugan
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Walker
5. Ferguson/Tupou/Mansour
6. J. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Hoffman
12. Scott
13. Bird

Bench-

14. Merrin
15. Fitfita
16. Klemmer
17. Jackson

Short a utility but Scott Hoffman or Jackson could move to the centres, Walker could play 5/8, B Morris fullback etc etc
Pearce and A Reynolds are in better form but i think last year halves deserve first shot

A2) DCE will likely be there as the QLDers like to pick and stick but i wouldn't be suprised if Ben Hunt goes close to nabbing his spot, besides that we will be untouched, so hopefully we can pick up some points during that period

A3) Would LOVE choc to never play rep footy again! He hasn't been great this year but Daley will probably stick solid

I just dont get excited about SOO anymore but id be suprised if we had more than DCE playing, choc should not be there on form.
Will we have any SOO players next year?

Moylan to be fullback

No manly players

No choc or gift, neither are running hard at all this year.

State of Origin is not too far off, so a few questions

1) What is your Blues team (or QLD team if you are that way inclined)

2) Will Manly have any representation

3) Will Watmough miss out

A1)
1. Dugan
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Walker
5. Ferguson/Tupou/Mansour
6. J. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Hoffman
12. Scott
13. Bird

Bench-

14. Merrin
15. Fitfita
16. Klemmer
17. Jackson

Short a utility but Scott Hoffman or Jackson could move to the centres, Walker could play 5/8, B Morris fullback etc etc
Pearce and A Reynolds are in better form but i think last year halves deserve first shot

A2) DCE will likely be there as the QLDers like to pick and stick but i wouldn't be suprised if Ben Hunt goes close to nabbing his spot, besides that we will be untouched, so hopefully we can pick up some points during that period

A3) Would LOVE choc to never play rep footy again! He hasn't been great this year but Daley will probably stick solid

I like your team but the only things I'd change are:
1. Josh Morris in for Dylan Walker: JMoz is proven at origin level, walker has been awesome but is out for the next 4 weeks with that broken hand
2. Adam Reynolds in for Hodkinson: Hodkinson has been awful this year, Reynolds has been the best halfback in the competition surely it's his time.

I don't care about origin this year really

Was there to see NSW break the drought last year @ ANZ stadium so nothing this year could beat that

What I do care about is my team actually playing for each other and enjoying footy again

But at the moment this is looking way off!!!

Foran would be our most likely starter for SOO, or maybe Matai or Hiku.

The rest will be watching from their loungerooms.

Kiwi v Roos will have Foz and Hiku out for us

They will need to have a lot cash to make him play

Foz will ask for a $10,000 contract for that game with the a clause in the contract stating he will only play for nz in the game if BA is coaching!!

Watmough can't hit hard anymore. Spends his time looking at his missing bicep. You can't tell me that it doesn't affect your game. Has become a slow second rower now. Is trying though, but let's move on nsw.

Honestly, while I would love to see Snake regain his NSW jumper, at this stage of his career I would rather his body not have to go through what Origin dishes up, even for a fullback. He's too valuable to Manly for us to lose him because he was injured playing Origin.

Anyway, my NSW team would probably read something like:

FB - Dugan / Moylan
WG - B. Morris
CE - J. Morris
CE - Jennings
WG - Johnston
FE - Keary
HB - A. Reynolds
PR - Gallen (c)
HK - Farah
PR - Woods
SR - Hoffman
SR - Scott
LK - Bird

Res - Klemmer, Jackson, Fifita, Merrin

Adam Reynolds and Luke Keary are the form NSW halves at the moment. I'd say even Pearce and Baloney are ahead of the Dogs duo right now, and the Grub is still out injured. The forwards pick themselves really while it doesn't take a genius to work out that Brett Morris will be on the wing and not at fullback. I also think that Alex Johnston will get the other wing spot.

No Manly players. Why? Not because I don't want them missing games for us but because other than Snake none of our players are currently in anywhere near good enough form to be selected.

My Qld team would be:

FB - Slater
WG - Chambers
CE - Inglis
CE - Hodges
WG - Maranta
FE - Thurston
HB - Cronk
PR - Scott
HK - Smith (c)
PR - Myles
SR - Gillett
SR - Papalli
LK - Parker

Res - Cherry-Evans, McQueen, Guerra, Thaiday.

Boyd's absence leaves a hole out wide for Qld and with Tate retired that means they might have to blood someone like Maranta or Dale Copley before they wanted to (things like this are going to bite Qld in the butt over the next few years, kinda like when the star Donkeys players of the 90's began retiring). I doubt the diver will play FB for Qld, Slater will have that job until he gives it away.

SOO could be good for us this year, playing teams without their stars may even up games a bit.

And perhaps having only one player in either team, combined with some well-timed byes, should help us climb the ladder again.

Here's hoping.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7