Sometimes you have to wonder... A 2nd Half analysis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chuck

Reserve Grader
So much sh1thousery in the 2nd half, here is a small sample.

32:00 to go - Parra given six more tackles when attacking kick hits Jake, who knew absolutely nothing about it.

Taupau strip for try was clearly three in the tackle. Passed off as an offload by bunker and comms. Total BS. Changed all the momentum.

12:00 to go - Scrum penalty against the feed right in front (WTAF??)

2:00 to go - Campbell Gillard charges out of the line then puts hands down but charges down DCE - no six again.

0:50 Blake on the sideline just drops the ball along the ground. No knock on ruled. 9/10 these are given as lost ball in the tackle.

0:45 - Parra 5th tackle. Kicked straight into Levi. Ruled six again even though it comes off Levi's legs with no noticeable attempt to play at it. No different to Campbell Gillard's charge down really just a minute earlier.

0:17 Sivo tackled. 17 seconds added for ****s and giggles.

12:00 to go - Scrum penalty against the feed right in front (WTAF??) - was the right call

Add another, but of no consequence, was when Sivo got dragged into touch, it was an accidental offside against Parra just before that

32:00- six again was called for Croker touching the kick before hitting Jake.Not enough replays were shown from other angles to prove if Croker had intentionally touched it though
12:00 Scrum penalty was correct against Thompson
0:17 whilst an explanation from Fox would clear everything up,it is widely known that the television broadcasters clock is not the official time

32:00- six again was called for Croker touching the kick before hitting Jake.Not enough replays were shown from other angles to prove if Croker had intentionally touched it though
0:17 whilst an explanation from Fox would clear everything up,it is widely known that the television broadcasters clock is not the official time

Did you win your twitter beef with Warren Smith or did he just run away because everyone was calling him out?

No one ever wins on Twitter,in fact you die a little bit inside after every conversation.But there were very minimal that agreed with him.Not a peep out of the NRL yet though,so Smith may become more smug if Annesley agrees with the call

The scrum penalty was 100% correct. We tried to get cute by holding it in to catch them breaking early, they pushed us off the ball. The charge down one I couldn't believe though - thought that was a distinct 6 again.

I'm 50/50 on the Taupau strip, if that was the other way around I would have been disappointed if they called it a strip. He didn't have ball security, and yes Blake targeted the ball, but Marty more or less just let it go into his hands. Anyway didn't cost us the win which is the main thing

As much as we can complain about the refs this game should have been put to bed well early in the 2nd half:
What about those three lost balls with almost a full set of six tackles in attack, one after a 40-20.

I don't think Des will be worry about the refs at all. He will working through what Manly themselves did in the second half to themselves to keep the scores way closer than they should have been.

In Des we trust to fix that up, and we will have a premiership challenging team.

Great win above all,

NYEagle

Fair enough on the Scrum. Have re-watched a few times.

Disagree about the clock though. Every time the siren goes it's usually pretty bloody close.

The scrum penalty was 100% correct. We tried to get cute by holding it in to catch them breaking early, they pushed us off the ball. The charge down one I couldn't believe though - thought that was a distinct 6 again.

I'm 50/50 on the Taupau strip, if that was the other way around I would have been disappointed if they called it a strip. He didn't have ball security, and yes Blake targeted the ball, but Marty more or less just let it go into his hands. Anyway didn't cost us the win which is the main thing
Are you a ref c and c?

The 6 to go when kicked straight into Manly's legs was terrible. The strip changed the second half, could of been up by 20 with a penalty kick in front. It was hard to watch, we made it hard on ourselves as well, but the refs were dreadful again. Thankyou we held on

We got some rough calls but I was more concerned with our ball security which really fell away in the second half.

If the Squeels were a little more disciplined, we might have been in trouble.

On holding the ball in the scrum, my view is either don't do it or make sure your scrum is solid so you can't be pushed off it. That was poor by us.

We have a lot to work on. But I'm sure Des is more than aware of that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8