Some watchable matches here - some we would rather forget also

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did ESPN consult with Fox League before putting those up? Once again every game involving Manly is one we lost.

Have you seen the latest one from Fox with favourite Anzac Day clashes? Yet again the only Manly game is one we lost. Thankfully I have all of our Grand Final WINS on DVD or VHS.

Did ESPN consult with Fox League before putting those up? Once again every game involving Manly is one we lost.

Have you seen the latest one from Fox with favourite Anzac Day clashes? Yet again the only Manly game is one we lost. Thankfully I have all of our Grand Final WINS on DVD or VHS.
That’s the price of success, mate! For other teams, Manly is the prized scalp so I take it as an acknowledgment of how good we have been as a club over many, many years.

I took the Rugby League Museum to task over this once. They used to do a facebook post "on this day" - and manly always lost in the posts. I advised them that manly won the most games of any club between 1969 and 2013, yet in "on this day" they always lose. I got a response from curator Tony Puletua, and he put up a few wins after that.

That 91 game v the Raiders was a classic. Heartbreaking loss but we had a heap out injured I think. Cliffy dragged us back into it I think

1991 and 2019 were very similar for Manly including how they both ended. Injuries took their toll but we still didn't get blown away, we only just got beat both times.

And without those injuries I think we could have won the premiership in both years.

1991 and 2019 were very similar for Manly including how they both ended. Injuries took their toll but we still didn't get blown away, we only just got beat both times.

And without those injuries I think we could have won the premiership in both years.
Mate I was thinking the exact same thing around the Souths game last year. In 91 I think North’s gave us a touch up first week of the semis as well.
On a side note was searching sea eagles clips on YouTube from the 90s and it led me to the doco NZ Tv did on Ridge coming to Manly from union. It’s a good watch and some funny bits. Can’t remember what it was called tho.

That 91 game v the Raiders was a classic. Heartbreaking loss but we had a heap out injured I think. Cliffy dragged us back into it I think

Just watched it (again) and got chills seeing Iro score that last try. One of my favourite games of all time. Incredible game of football. Manly were an inspiration that day especially with at least 5 of their best out.

on a side note.... Grameme Hughes is a horrendous commentator. That's not even taking into consideration his anti-Manly bias.

Love the Test match v the poms. That last minute try is the stuff of dreams. On that point how massive was meninga. I forgot just how imposing the bloke could be and fast for a big guy.

Cliffy got the Ch 10 man of the match. To get that award in a team that lost a semi final is some indication of how good he was that day. He set Kevin Iro free so many times. A few calls didn't go Manly's way. Had Manly won it would have been remembered like 1978.

Watch Lyons create this Manly try.

Last edited:
Love the Test match v the poms. That last minute try is the stuff of dreams. On that point how massive was meninga. I forgot just how imposing the bloke could be and fast for a big guy.

Everyone remembers Ricky Stuart getting in the clear, but it only happened because Cliffy managed to escape a tackle and offload a pass to Stuart.

Cliffy's try earlier in the game was unbelievable team work.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8