some tinkering with the line up,my thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hear Warrington need a new half, they'll consider a straight swap with some bloke called Monaghan.

Yeah but he's half the price of Orford and twice as ****. Maybe I've got a bad memory but I can't remember being this annoyed with Monaghan, at least you knew he was ordinary.

Bailey has shown nothing, but Lyon looks good every time he has the ball. So either Lyon to 5/8, or would Lyon go alright at fullback so he can insert himself whereever?

Bailey is looking as good at this time of year as Lyon looked last year. At this stage I have no problem with Bailey at 6 and Lyon in the centres, makes our team better balance imo

I will assume we get McDonnell, who a lot of Tigers fans consider pretty ordinary, but I will run with him

McDonnell
Robertson
Matai
Lyon
Williams
Bailey
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Rodney
Stewart

L'Estrange/Hall
Rose
Cuthbertson
Tony Williams/ Warea-Hargreaves

Would like to see 1 of the young forwards get a go, and am tossing up with letting Ballin play 80 mins and running a big bench

Why does Hasler persist in having two hookers on the bench?  He said last week that Ballin was an 80 minutes player so wtf?  Waste of a bench spot imo.

They have complemented each other quite well in the past DSM

Last season Ballin was our steady hooker, while heath would come on and be creative and we generally scored more points while he was on the park

It works well when both are in form, but both are not at the moment

They might have complimented each other last season, but can we afford that luxury now?  One or the other should play the full 80.  Maybe there's a part of the problem.  The only consistent thing about the two of them is they're both playing poorly which doesn't help.  If this McDonnell is as ordinary as Tigers fans think, why not use our Qld Cup guy?  Why waste money on purchasing mediocrity?  Get some of the U20s guys in there.  Give us something to talk about rather than losses.  Losses with 2010 hope might be the go now.       

There is a lot of talk about bringing the young chaps in DSM, I am not so sure. Bringing a heap in at once could see a series of big floggings and destroy the confidence of them. Is a fine balancing act

I will point out, that with all the talk of throwing young fella's in to see how they go, Siniula and Neumann were 2 examples of inexperienced guys that have played this season, and both were hammered on here for their efforts

Kiwi, I could debate whether Neumann is an 'inexperienced' player and really, Siniula is no better or worse than Bani, so I'd play him to see if he could improve.  Bani, in my opinion, is just not up to NRL standard.  His defense is diabolical and he is constantly out of position in attack.  .  I'd bring in the big Williams and just play him into condition alongside Matai.  What a pairing.  Look towards 2010 and avoiding the spoon.  This years comp is realistically gorn.  A  top eight finish is very slim. 

Bani's defence and positional play is poor at best
i think we should look at releasing him to free up money to keep wolf and Robbo.

Des is known for his loyalty to players and has rarely dropped a player in 5.5 years as coach this may change soon i feel

Im gonna post 2 teams one based on my perception of Des' loyalty and one based on what id like to see
What des should do
Shannon McDonnell
Robbo
Matai
Bailey
Wolf
Lyon
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Rodney
Stewart
Bench
King
Cutho
Heath
Hall

What id like to see
Mcdonnell
robbo
Matai
Lyon
Wolf
Foran
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Cutho
Watmough
Stewart
Bench
Rodney
King
Jared
Bailey/rose

Ive really gone off hall hes really dropped off imo
As for foran if hes good enough hes old enough

Keep Hall, he's inexpensive and as good or better than Princess.  I can't see what value Orford brings to the team.  He's indecisive in attack, hogs the ball, can't kick and is old. (for a footballer).  And I can't see the value in buying a discard from the Tiggers.  He's third in line there so don't have much confidence in his ability.  Pick the guy from our Qld reggies.  You don't have a spot for Big Williams Cliffy? 

DSM5 link said:
 ...... And I can't see the value in buying a discard from the Tiggers.......
Really? The trade in discards is a growth industry in these salary cap times.

How about most of the players who got us to the last 2 grand finals? Really, apart from Kennedy, Kite, Ox, Bell, and Lyon, I don't think any of the other additions have been the subject of intense bidding wars. Even Perry was a discard. Hall. Wolfman.

Perry and Wolf are discards who have since become internationals. Personally I like a good discard, you can often pick up a bargain.

ser, the discards you mention all finished the year with their clubs (with the exception of Lyon)

what is being talked about is a different kettle of fish.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4