Some thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Good to pick up a win again playing at about 60%. will need to lift next week, for what will be our biggest test so far, especially for the forwards.

Am loving our wins being based on defence at the moment, when the attack flows again we will pick up some very nice wins.

Watmough played a blinder again today, Stewy 2 was great again too. Good to see Brett Stewart back in scoring form too. Monaghan was mixed but made some crucial plays at big times which knocked them out of the match.

will be interesting to see what Des does when everyone is back on deck. For me at the moment, i would look at something like 6.Monaghan 7. Orford 9. Ballin, they could form quite a potent combination. As a 6 i would rate Monaghan over Burns in nearly every area, other than running game probably

Your'e kidding KE, Burns just has to be in the side. His defense, kicking and general gamesmanship are outstanding. St Monas played well today although he lacks the certain quality to step up at crucial times. Sure he laid on some tries, but he could interchange at hooker with Ballin to ensure Burns at 5/8.

From what i heard on the Radio, Burns wasn't much better then Monas. Another kick out on the full?

I think Monas would get in Orfords way, so I would be inclinded to keep Burns at 5/8.

We were pretty awfull today but great to get a win when playing ordinary. We wont see the best of our backs till we get Orford back.

Quite impressed with King again, if he keeps this up we are looking good upfront for the season.

When everybody is fit I don't know where Mattai is going to fit in. To me burns is a better 5/8 option than Lyon who needs to stay in the centres.

Stewy2 and Choc are going to be in the pack and that only leaves willo as a possible spot for Mattai.

Willo can tackle and go forward. He's dependable unlike Matai. I can't see the problem, Matai to PL, with Dunley.

willo go forward LOL

Personally i see Monaghan as having a better short passing game, better kicking game and better defence than Burns, and is only beaten by burns in the running game department.

Interesting comments DSM5. Always talking about the defensive qualities of players, yet not picking up on a few flaws Burns has displayed in that area of his game.

Fair point from Garts that he may get in Orfords way, if they could work out a partnership there is could work, and take a bit of pressure off Orford having to create all of our attack

At this point in his career, i dont see Burns as having enough in his game to be a top line 5/8, his attack is very limited i feel and kicking game is ordinary. He may develop those skills over the next few seasons. I reckon at this point in time he is best suited to the hooking utility role. Will make it clear i dont see Monaghan as a top line 5/8 either, but i do think he could provide more to the side than Burns at this point and time

For me at the moment, i would look at something like 6.Monaghan 7. Orford 9. Ballin, they could form quite a potent combination. As a 6 i would rate Monaghan over Burns in nearly every area, other than running game probably

What drugs are you on?

at the risk of throwing yet another spanner in the works and starting another flame war: Is it just me or is Bell not playing anywhere near the level he should be??

Bell and Lyon have had a quiet start to the season, largely because Mr Concentirc Circles is in the Number 7 and they never see the ball!

well mata, rather than making a 1 liner like that, come back at me with the area of the game Burns outperfroms Monghan as a 5/8.

I dont enter the forum with a closed mind so will read and take on board what you put on the table

at the risk of throwing yet another spanner in the works and starting another flame war: Is it just me or is Bell not playing anywhere near the level he should be??

2 wet weather games, 2 games with Monas at half is the reason.

The signs are there that he will have a good season, he looks dangerous and is beating players when he gets the ball in his hands. Just needs to get it in a little more space. When its dry and Orford is back we will see Bell and Lyon shine.

The Monas for PM bandwagon didn't last long, back to his usual "solid but unspectacular" best this week. Where are all the I told you so's this week ? Good luck to him for playing out of his skin last week, but he showed again today why we bought Orford.

There is no way you'd put Monas at 6 in a pink fit. When Orford is back Monas to 9 and Ballin on the bench (and hopefully to get as much game time as possible). Leave Burns at 6 and Lyon in the centres with Bell. Matai is the weak link and will be a useful back up in PL to help our depth. Likewise Dunley.

If Ballin does a season apprenticeship off the bench and improves even more, than we can say goodbye to MM next season.

Any word on how bad Ballins injury was ? Looked bad when it happened but at least he walked off under his own steam we seemed to suggest it won't be too bad.

deadset, burns was well average today and the monas bashing is back.

If monas had kicked that ball, or thrown that pass it would be 2 pages of threads of monas bashing.

monas was easily the better half today, no vendetta, no grudge, he just was. When orford gets back he will resume his position and Des will have a headache, but to lay the boot in pffffft

How can you guys possibly be serious.

Burns had a shocker today - he was way way worse than Monas.

Burns has had a good week at six, an average week then a crap week.

How can you possibly justify bagging Monas this much without even a mention on Burns. It is an absolute joke and is a clear indication we can't take too much notice of your posts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4