Some thoughts so far...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Just some observations so far this year:

- DCE has been a little disappointing but don’t think he deserves the criticism he receives. For those wanting him gone, who do you want to replace him? Keeping in mind standard first grade halves are commanding $1M per year now, let alone rep halves. Say what you want about the ‘$10M Deal’, but he’s being paid market current value and in a couple of years he’ll be unders.

- We’re losing the ruck badly. I applaud the lack of penalties in that area across the comp, but we need to ‘turtle’ blokes. Too many quick play the balls are hurting us.

- In turn we have poor ruck defence. Too many easy metres being taken.

- Elgey isn’t the answer at the moment. I think Hodko needs to partner DCE while we see who develops out of Elgey/Cust/Croker.

- The Koroisau / Fainu combo works well. They’re identical players and interchange well.

- I think Suli and Garrick look promising as a combo.

- I’ve been a long time fan of Jorge but time to give young Hoppa a go.

Of course I’m happy to concede to Des’s wisdom given he’s won multiple premierships as player/coach to my goose egg!

When Turbo comes back I’d drop Tafua, Elliott to the wing.

If Walker comes back or a replacement drop Parker to Blacktown and leave him there.

Fainu has more spark , Api is a better defender , need to be rotated to suit the conditions.

Curtis and Joel need to start earning their keep.

We missed AFB tonight to counter JWH who ran wild in the first half.

We’ll be better for that second half, just have to play like that BOTH halves.

I think we get lost in attack with the ball. It is a bit like a deer in the headlights, like, oh sh1t, I didn't expect this, what should I do now?

Maybe this is something that Des will develope, once the players get more familiar with each other, and start to work on some set plays. Des does seem to have some patients in this regard, like he is waiting for the players to start owning their spot before he puts some more strictual plays in the mix.

1 mill would be ok. But its the extra 250 300k on top that stops us getting another quality player somewhere. Plus his pay goes up with salary cap rises.

Fair call, but who is you’re answer? Who is on the market currently worth $1.3M?

When Turbo comes back I’d drop Tafua, Elliott to the wing.

If Walker comes back or a replacement drop Parker to Blacktown and leave him there.

Fainu has more spark , Api is a better defender , need to be rotated to suit the conditions.

Curtis and Joel need to start earning their keep.

We missed AFB tonight to counter JWH who ran wild in the first half.

We’ll be better for that second half, just have to play like that BOTH halves.
Garrick in the centres ( second half) proved he will be a gun . I think he would do a job on the wing but maybe wasted somewhat. Suli is going good apart from a bit quiet in the first half ( No ball in our hands) so he and Garrick could prove a good combo . Throw an Aitken in the mix will change it up but as it stands now I'd be inclined to keep Suli and Garrick as centres , move Elliot to the wing when Turbo comes back bring in young Hoppa and send Parker packing . He and Jorge had no idea last nite and they are both our weakest links.

Again I see calls for Hoppa Jrn, Funa, Anderson, Croker . . .
Where are they? Being rested because they can't make the cr*p Manly Workers team?
None are listed as injured.
Why are we not being told what the brilliant Masterplan is with these players? Perhaps its to keep them fresh so we can stave off the wooden spoon towards the end of the season?

Last night we were gormless ... we lacked gorm .... had no gorm at all ... played without gorm ..

PPS [PSS changed to PPS by a mod who knows better]... We need a game plan .... everything will be fine if we have a game plan ..

All the older brigade last years starters look sluggish, way under done, lacking timing.

The young blokes from reserves look like the ones who have actually been working hard during the preseason they are fitter, stronger, faster, more hungry and at thetmoment just lots better.

I seriously think Tangles, Fainu, Goose, Waddell, are miles in front of Kapow, API, Siro, Jake.

A couple of the Big names, Big egos, and Big pay packets can find some form back in reserves IMO.

Pick on form, not by name Dessie.

Garrick in the centres ( second half) proved he will be a gun . I think he would do a job on the wing but maybe wasted somewhat. Suli is going good apart from a bit quiet in the first half ( No ball in our hands) so he and Garrick could prove a good combo . Throw an Aitken in the mix will change it up but as it stands now I'd be inclined to keep Suli and Garrick as centres , move Elliot to the wing when Turbo comes back bring in young Hoppa and send Parker packing . He and Jorge had no idea last nite and they are both our weakest links.
Garrick played wing outside Suli in the second half? He had a brief stint at fullback when Elliot was off.

Garrick played wing outside Suli in the second half? He had a brief stint at fullback when Elliot was off.
I knew he went back to 1 , Grandstand had him in centres . All good that's where he should be anyway.

This is my prediction the first part of the year will be a little tough. The backend of season we will hit our straps but will miss the 8. Some of the younger kids will get starts before seasons end.

I’m tipping Des will put the broom through the joint at seasons end.

We have been well beaten in the first two games but we haven’t been disgraced and you can’t fault the effort. At 28 nil last night it could of got real ugly but they got stuck in and fort hard. That wouldn’t have happened in 2018

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8