Some Stats on Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So I don't quite understand why everyone is on Lussicks case like he butchered the game, sure he made an error at a crucial time, but he was hardly the cause of our issues.

So I pulled his stats, that seem to completely counter the drawing of knives

Darcy Lussick's stats

All Runs: 11
Errors: 1
Hitups: 8
Meters: 68
Missed Tackles: 2
Ineffective Tackles: 1
Offloads: 2
Tackles: 37
Penalties Against: 0
Minutes Played: 47

To put that in perspective.

That is a hit up for roughly every 5 minutes he played and somehow still managed to make a tackle every 1.2 minutes he played.

In fact of all players across all teams, he made the second most tackles, behind Matt Ballin who made an incredible 61 tackles (and people want to see him gone pfft)

So whilst he certainly wasn't the best on the field the stats show just how much he put in for his 47 minutes of play

Just ONE error? I find that hard to believe.
I also find the reported 4-4 penalties amazing. My maroon and white eyes must be deceiving me as I thought Cronulla got a lot more penalties than 4.

The Eagle said:
I mustnt have been watching properly and just added all the errors of all the blokes his size up

I'll take that for a smart ass quip because they are the official stats from NRL.com They will be revised later today I imagine but I only remember the one error from Lussick and that was the knock on toward the end. 2 missed tackles is not a lot when you make 37 of them.

I think the problem is last week he dropped two balls at crucial times and he did the same this week again, that and generally he doesn't seem to be running anyware near as hard as he was at the end of last year.

The Who said:
Just ONE error? I find that hard to believe.
I also find the reported 4-4 penalties amazing. My maroon and white eyes must be deceiving me as I thought Cronulla got a lot more penalties than 4.

They haven't recalculated the penalties yet, showing 0 - 0 on the match stats. But they re-watch and review today I think.

I don't think Sharks got many penalties in the second half and in the first, the first penalty went to us, then the sharks got about 3 or 4.

So I am pretty sure 4 - 4 is about right

He hasn't been bad but he has been very average and doesn't deserve the reported 200k other teams are offering him.

He made critical errors two weeks in a row. He will cop a lot of criticism and deserves it.

The dropped balls he came up with show a lack of concentration. I don't think he is not putting in effort, just struggling to focus.

He needs to get his future sorted one way or the other asap so he can concentrate on his footy.

Ceagle said:
He hasn't been bad but he has been very average and doesn't deserve the reported 200k other teams are offering him.

Agreed, he is the scapegoat for last nights loss for some reason and in my opinion it is unwarranted. Sure he wasn't great, but he was certainly not the worst on the field and put in a fair effort for his minutes. To be second highest tackler and miss 30 minutes of the game is a big effort in my opinion.

Matt Ballin is a star however 61 tackles, that is huge!

he is playing pretty ordinarily at the moment but to give a young prop 3 games and then call for his head is over the top.toughest position on the field and he needs more time to prove himself . there is no doubt he will get it given our current injuries etc.the other point is we hardly have any real alternatives given the forward losses.Robinson doesnt exactly demand a spot at the moment and George is clearly lacking fitness or desire or both, otherwise he would be there already.

MadMarcus said:
He made critical errors two weeks in a row. He will cop a lot of criticism and deserves it.

The dropped balls he came up with show a lack of concentration. I don't think he is not putting in effort, just struggling to focus.

He needs to get his future sorted one way or the other asap so he can concentrate on his footy.

What is amusing here is that everyone is on his case about a rumour that has been circled by the media about the pay he wants, no facts to it, then in the blink of an eye, we are all quick to criticize those same news outlets that pedal these rumours.

The kid made one error last night, thats a fair effort for a prop who only spent 47 minutes on the field.

People mistake one dash of brilliance for playing the best game ever, but no one has mentioned two crucial errors from Foran, or stupid passes from King, not to mention the lack of effort, meters and hitups from Kite.

The stats tell the true story that in fact he was one of our best performers on the field.

jeez calling him one of our best is a bit rich.

oldfield, whare, lyon, williams, king, choc, trex, buhrer all made more metres, mauro was averaging a bit better metres and tackles but only half the game time.

would only put him above Kite, robinson and harrison

Fact is he isnt bending the line this year just running then getting tackled and a slow play the ball.

Fluffy said:

oldfield, whare, lyon, williams, king, choc, trex, buhrer all made more metres, mauro was averaging a bit better metres and tackles but only half the game time.

Fact is he isnt bending the line this year just running then getting tackled and a slow play the ball.

I am talking in terms of stats and actual contribution. Compared to other players, he put in a lot.

Whare and Stewart from about 20mins onwards were our two best.

But for 47 minutes, Lussick did a hell of a lot of work and was relatively mistake free, what more do you want from your Props?

The problem with the penalty count is just where the penalties occur. They seemed to get theirs near on on the half way line and thereby starting their six near our 20 metre line. Ours tended to be in our own 30. I too wondered about the 4: 4 count. I'm sure they got more than us. The missed 'knock on' really hurt. Terrible decision. Anyway I'm not a huge fan of Lussick. I personally like the grunt type of forward. But Lussick is young and I've put up with many years of Princess and Kite pissing me off at times. I'm willing to give Mr Darcy this season to get it together.

Fluffy said:

ie
Confidence will grow with more experience. It is a long way to go yet before final judgements can be made, but if some of his more senior front row colleagues are to be moved to accommodate the salary cap, he will become a more vital part of the team. Potential, yes. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fluffy said:

Talking of slow play the balls, Oldfield takes an age. I thought I was watching George Carmont at times last night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4