Some positive re-signing news from RLW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

RL Gronk

Reserve Grader
Sound like our captain isn't going anywhere. Fingers crossed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 168
Gee whiz... it was only last week they had him off to Penrith... only after he nearly left Manly to the Titans.

Journalists amaze me; the way they make up stories only to back-flip the very next week.

Whatever the truth maybe, I'm happy for Killer stays with us till his retirement! A totally inspirational leader!

Killer won't go anywhere and will stay with the mighty seaeagles, although his manager may talk it up as an option to leave, purely to get the extra year Killer supposedly wants, if in fact he really wants it. The only other place he may consider is the doggies and only because of Crusher, but he apparently he has almost as close a relationship with Bozo.

I don't begrudge what the '10%ers' do as it's their job (on behalf of the players). I personally know one of them and if you think poaching players by clubs is bad, if you knew what happens with players and other managers approaching them, you would be amazed.

It's sad Kite had to go and I'm sure he'll hate the drive every day, but he has to look after himself as I'm not sure what other career he has planned after NRL, apart from helping his wife and their retail business. His culture and ethos will be missed by many of the players. Remember who Kieran claimed he consulted before he re signed!

Unfortunately, losing Kite and Joe at the end of the year will leave a 'big' cultural hole for the Polynesian players at the club.

I remember reading an article not long ago and killer said he wants to play out his career for manly.

He is our captain, and is a great leader of this fine club. I have so much confidence in our future if he re-signs.

Snake, DCE, Foz and Ballin are our spine. Killer is our Heart!

Eagles2nv said:

Matai is our shoulders, Choc is our guts, Wolfie is our grin, Gift is our brain, Brenton is our quads, Fa'awesome is our force and Jason Annear is our spirit:angel:

Killer is so critical to our success. I really hope we can keep him for the rest of his career. I don't know if I could handle him running out for another NRL club.

HappilyManly said:
Eagles2nv said:

Matai is our shoulders, Choc is our guts, Wolfie is our grin, Gift is our brain, Brenton is our quads, Fa'awesome is our force and Jason Annear is our spirit:angel:

Nice post.

Killer on Fox saying he wants another 3 years at Manly. Should be sorted next couple of weeks:angel:

He said there is amazing talent and he loves his footy at Manly.

How he's travelling at the moment 3 yrs worth looks feasible. The value he gives in defensive structure alone is great and not going to diminish too much as he gets a bit slower. + the general experience/class he brings.

Good investment; hope they can agree on the terms. Surely some of that 3rd party stuff can be rustled up for him; he's 'ornament to the game' material.

The silvertails site should be a 3rd party sponsor.

Everyone cough up some moolah!

HappilyManly said:
Eagles2nv said:

... And hopper Snr used to be our ring finger.

I'd give Jamie Lyon whatever he wanted. If a date with Ryan (in a very NON gay way) would seal the deal, offer it !

weev said:
HappilyManly said:
Eagles2nv said:

... And hopper Snr used to be our ring finger.

So the ar$ehole would be des?

The great thing about Killer is I reckon we could give him 3 years but if his form drops and he isn't up to it he won't stick around just for the paycheck. He'll let the club move on.

As for journos, they'll link a player off contract to every club just so they can say in 6 months time when a decision is made "as we reported 6 months ago ..." They don't mention how they got the other things wrong. Would love to see a report write "It appears we got that story massively wrong ..."

Masked Eagle said:
The great thing about Killer is I reckon we could give him 3 years but if his form drops and he isn't up to it he won't stick around just for the paycheck. He'll let the club move on.

As for journos, they'll link a player off contract to every club just so they can say in 6 months time when a decision is made "as we reported 6 months ago ..." They don't mention how they got the other things wrong. Would love to see a report write "It appears we got that story massively wrong ..."

Writing that for each instance would keep Massoud, Buzz and the like at the DT busy and unable to chase up other stories to make further fools of themselves...hang on!!!

I think this "Silvertails" third party deal for Killer is a killer idea. I don't know how many of us there is, but I would be happy to kick in $1,000 a year. In exchange Killer could come on here regularly for a Q&A session that is restricted to those who contribute the $$$$$$$.

Is there enough of us willing to part with $1,000 for that?

Masked Eagle said:

Yeah but it would go like this

JAME LYON SIGNS FOR WRONG CLUB

As reported in the telegraph jamies lyon was set to sign a lucrative deal with the Titans, Penrith and st george and make guest appearances for the dogs and the Roosters, but an error by his management saw him ink a deal with Manly. It not the first time player managers have made us look red faced , but I can assure you as i read it on 3 websites That he was all set to sign with the broncos until a massive deal from the warriors weighed in at the 11th hour

Jamie Lyon or his management could not be contacted regarding the matter but was seen eating dinner with his family on the central coast where it is believed he will shun the Manly offer and sign with the Newcastle fire jets coasters for 1 year or 8 with options

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8