Some Perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
There is another thread on this however....

As you might have read Fabrice Muamba collapsed whilst playing on the weekend.

As passionate as we are, especially with players coming and going, the below is worth a read

http://www.football365.com/faves/7606756/F365-Says

lsz said:
There is another thread on this however....

As you might have read Fabrice Muamba collapsed whilst playing on the weekend.

As passionate as we are, especially with players coming and going, the below is worth a read

http://www.football365.com/faves/7606756/F365-Says

Well said Isz. It's a shocking 'reality check' to encounter someone dying or faced with their mortality..... even on live tv coverage.

Of course, most people alive in the world today have to deal with death as a much more common occurence, sadly. Muamba's father was a refugee from the Congo. Think of all the people, kids, women and men, killed in the wars there, in the refugee camps that spilled over from the Rwandan massacres, and a dirty filthy civil war financed and motivated by the (control of the) mining of 'coltan' which is a precious metal needed in all those shiny portable digital devices we like so much.

Moving through several intermediaries (plausible deniability), while insisting they wouldn't deal with the warlords and their intermediaries, many, perhaps most of the big electronics producers buy coltans from these ****s despite the official bans and embargoes.

It's true here in the UK at least, that many people take their soccer way too seriously. Sometimes it's just a pretext for criminal outfits, but often it's an avenue for impotent rage. When sport and other frivolous stuff (celebrity ice-rink ballroom dancing big brother, etc) is SO important to people, when they go ape**** when someone cuts them off or doesn't put their turn signal on soon enough, etc. it's not a good sign. It speaks of powerlessness to act/play a meaningful part in life, incomprehension of their role/identity/worth in society and the world, and/or disbelief in the collective goals/values, etc being sidetracked into a futile, nihilistic mode.

Excuse the rant. a few years ago a guy dropped with a heart attack infront of me and I had to deal with it directly. So I did some of this perspective thinking then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6