Some hope at last for tired old Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Some hope at last for tired old Brookie

John Greco

2 February 2008

http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/02/02/8544_sports.html

THE Sea Eagles hopes of securing some funding for rundown Brookvale Oval received a small boost yesterday with NSW Premier Morris Iemma  ::) dropping a tiny hint some help could be on the way. Iemma was interviewed on radio station 2KYs Big Sports Breakfast and revealed the Sea Eagles were being seriously considered for assistance from his government.

"We're the only tier of government that's listened to the Sea Eagles," he said.

"(Manly have) put a submission to us to support the Sea Eagles and that's being examined and analysed.

"They've put a very good case forward.

"When we've finished analysing it I would be very happy to come on this program and tell you the outcome."

You know you are in trouble if you are relying on this prick for help.

Morris doesnt even know how to tie his own shoelaces

Funny thing is the goose lied and told Rich and Tk that his government was the only one to look into the situation

Are you saying Fro that Johnny Howard and Pope Abbott really cared about Brookie and were going to really give the money rather than just a mad smash and grab in the desperate hope to stay in power.

Sadly the reckless promises and spending have put the inflation rate way high up which is unfortunately going to demand fiscal responsibility and restraint for a long time in the hope to keep interest rates from going through the roof. Ironic isn't it - Lib government overspending and a Labor govt showing restraint.

Mind you maybe the stupid attempt to privatise electricity might generate (pun intended) some cash to pay for a new stand or two.

I think Fro was just saying all pollies tell Fibs, not specifically Labor.

But good to see you ride in and save the day.  Please keep us all in line on these matters as I never tire of reading yours, Byso and a few others political dribble, really its great.  Even better when you bring it over to the footy forum.

I was astonished by this bit of news. Obviously our Eagle boys are working hard to secure funding. The problem is that I don't believe anybody is going to get money out the Feds this year for sports facilities.

And on electricity privatisation CW (apols Garts) I hope as a taxpayer you can find the $ 2 to 6 billion needed to upgrade the infrastructure and build new ones. It is not often I agree with selling off the farm on essential services but this time I think NSW is stuffed.

Time to get this off a footy forum. NSW is stuffed. Pox on both their houses is what I believe and if Fro was saying all pollies lie he is on the money.  And Garts I wasn't riding in to save the day - too late for that in NSW.

thank you Garts, thats exactly what I was saying.

pollies are scum regardless of their political leanings.

The members article written by Grant Mayer provides us with some hope but we really need $20 million, I cant see the state government coming up with that - if we can half of that we should be dancing on the streets.

Dont hold your breath waiting on federal funding...........

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2