Some good points to come out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conan

1. Now we wont have a home ground winning run hanging over our heads.
2. We have not peaked too early
3. Brookie McDonalds will go broke from giving away Big Macs and close down, therefor no more Mac blocks or whatever they are called.
4. New Lights will go up quicker
5. Jason King will surely be moving on at seasons end.

A couple of other 'good points':
- Bryant, Leuluai and Bell all had stellar games
- Ballin should be starting hooker by next week
- Stewart is as quick as ever
- Our kicking game was good in the first half, nothing of note in the second though
- Our defence was great in the first half
- I saw byso in real life for the first time >_>

The bad:
- Stewart's defence was woeful really
- Matai's overall game was poor. He should be in reggies next week
- Our attack was very pedestrian
- Our defence in the last 20 minutes or so was hopeless, especially straight up the middle

Other things to note are that it seems as if Orford is still trying to fit in, as his attacking game was average. Burns had no effect on the game at all. Kennedy, Watmough (who dropped way too many) and Menzies were all contained well by the Raiders. Dunley had an average game and needs more people to run with him when he goes for a scoot. Leuluai and Bryant came up with some massive hits in defence, these guys are awesome. Bell's second try was just some awesome work from him, he created it out of nothing.

Overall, a poor effort. I expected the scoreline to be the other way around. Here's hoping that we can turn this around next week.

Ballin won't be in 1st grade next week because Hasler refuses to take a risk. He will persist with the current set-up until we've had about 5 losses, which by then might be too late.

Blind Freddie can see Ballin should get a run.

But not Hasler.

I can't see him keeping Burns though, since he did nothing whatsoever of note throughout his stint on the field. Also, he only brought Willow on in the last 20, where our defence around the ruck actually worsened, rather than improved. However, that could have been due to the fact that King and Kite both came back on.

However, I guess we gotta have either Burns or Willow in the starting line up for goal kicking reasons, as Orford isn't any good as evidenced both in the Tigers trial and this match. We could have Burns or Monaghan in the #6, with the other starting hooker as Dunley should be coming off the bench. Or we could have Willow starting hooker or even take Matai's place in the centres. He's a great defender, can play 80 minutes and has good hands. Stephenson might even get to touch the ball with Willow there.

Witt was average in PL, and was outshone by Ballin and to a lesser extent Rose and Cuthbo.
We need to consider more then goalkicking, considering we got outplayed by Canberra.
Des is stupid if he keeps the same team next week, Burns seems scared to get involved (see Panthers game last year), Dunley gave some poor service and Matai was nothing but a dummy half runner.

But he can't do much else unfortunately. I only saw the last 20 minutes of the premier league game and he seemed quite average.

I think Downie's analysis is spot on.

I beg to differ on Witt - I thought he was okay in PL and better than anything we saw in NRL. He won't get in Orford's way and could well complement his game.

If I was coach it would be Kylie and Kite to start with Ballin at Hooker, Ox at half, Witt at five-eighth and Hicks in the Centre instead of Matai. King would be in PL and I would have Rose Cuthbertson and Bryant on the Bench.

We were out-thought, outenthused and outplayed tonight and radical surgery is needed now.

and radical surgery is needed now.

Don't hold your breath.

This is risk averse "sorry" Hasler we're talking about.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Best part of the game was watching it thru the bottom of a schooner glass. For my livers sake I hope we improve quickly roll on the Cowboys

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2