some good news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Had a chat just now to someone who should know.Hoppa has progressed greatly and will be ok for week 1 which was in doubt a few days ago.Brett's injury is pretty good and not a real worry.In fact they are more worried about suspension than injury.Apparently Des was pretty relaxed about the whole thing and is very confident re finals but this was prior to the Good Ship Hadley setting sail.

It will be a sad irony if suspension and not injury prevents Brett from playing

Brett didn't connect, he might be suspended for the attempt, but 2 weeks would have to be at the high end of the possible punishment.

All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best, we are still a chance either way as long as we have 17 players to take the field. Another positive is the future looks great for our club!! DCE, Foran, Buhrer and Lussick ect are going to be great for us next year.

Ha! ha! ha! the "Good Ship Hadley" set sail! Oh that is hilarious susan! NRL will buckle to him. Always do.

More mums and kids would've been put off league by the neck injury to Wolfie than any fist fight.

Rusty said:
Brett didn't connect, he might be suspended for the attempt, but 2 weeks would have to be at the high end of the possible punishment.

He didn't even have closed fists he was trying to grab Blair not strike him. I hope the match review don't come down hard on him for running in so fast..

• 👍
Reactions: God
that is a great point BK.Having coached juniors myself parents are more worried about neck,spine injuries and couldnt care less about a few haymakers.That is the reality of it but tell that to the shock jocks.

After seeing Glen and Blair go at it I would be more worried about stubbing my toe on the way home than being hit by them.Footballers generally can;t fight and the naturally occurring ijuries are much more of a worry to mum and dad.

it always amazes me that big strong rugby league athletes who often using boxing as a training tool all swing like drunken sailors when in a blue.probably a good thing they cant fight,might get ugly a fair bit if they could eg bowden/broadhurst.

You're right susan. Look at the Telegraph poll on the brawl where over 75% are in favour of it. UFC and MMA are the fastest growing sport in the world for same reason.

The "Good Ship Hadley" and his ilk can sail off to wherever for all real league fans care.

Speaking of good news, last night we played the competition favourites and belted them, they were never in the game. We can only play one game at a time. Injury and suspension are part and parcel of rugby league. Don't worry, we'll be sending out competitive teams one way or another.:D

susan said:
Had a chat just now to someone who should know.Hoppa has progressed greatly and will be ok for week 1 which was in doubt a few days ago.Brett's injury is pretty good and not a real worry.In fact they are more worried about suspension than injury.Apparently Des was pretty relaxed about the whole thing and is very confident re finals but this was prior to the Good Ship Hadley setting sail.

Thank you!

susan said:

Although he won't admit to following any team, Hadley is a Parra supporter, so end of story.

The 3rd man in rule is surly about players coming in and throwing punches, Snake with an open handed grab at Blair's shoulder hardly qualifies.

I thought Lussik might be in more trouble but after watching it 1/2 a dozen times Glen is the one throwing most punches on the ground and the vision of Darcy shows at worst one punch which could be argued as a attempted pull apart.

After the fracas & they were all getting talked to by the officials ` Brett says.. If that was your brother getting hit what would you do to the ref, Refs yeah i understand where you coming from , i understand your reason & that was basically it, he walked away..
Should be end of story. Blair comes running after Glenn starts all the **** & Brett runs in like that because it was his brother..

as long as we don't lose 2 points I am fine with what happened. What I see from watching the video 10 + times none of our boys that were off the field were involved and the clock hadn't started again either so the game was called off. Melbourne had players that entered, we know that. We had Manly officials there making sure we didn't so the club shouldn't be punished but praised.

The only worry was the trainer coming off and he was caught in it while trying to get off the field, not enough of a reason to take 2 points from us.

Jono said:
as long as we don't lose 2 points I am fine with what happened. What I see from watching the video 10 + times none of our boys that were off the field were involved and the clock hadn't started again either so the game was called off. Melbourne had players that entered, we know that. We had Manly officials there making sure we didn't so the club shouldn't be punished but praised.

The only worry was the trainer coming off and he was caught in it while trying to get off the field, not enough of a reason to take 2 points from us.

No manly bench player got involved so no chance of losing points but melb had 3 bench players get involved so will be interesting if they get fined or they will just fine both teams due to the media reaction

Did anyone hear Macca on ABC this morning, just before the 7am news? He is a fellow very in touch with the feelings of the average man in the street, and he was saying there should be far more of the sort of action we saw on Friday night.

Could we get him to call Gallop and tell him what real people think?

Brissie Kid said:
Ha! ha! ha! the "Good Ship Hadley" set sail! Oh that is hilarious susan! NRL will buckle to him. Always do.
The thing that ****s me about Hadley is that he probably would never go to a game of footy if he was in the media. Who did he support and how many games did he attend in person when he was driving a taxi?

The bloke is a grub, typical 2GB shock jock looking for attention.

Hopoate has been nothing short of ordinary. If we are reliant on him, we are going to struggle. He makes George Rose look like Usain Bolt.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4