Some food for thought from Donny Singe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our team was nowhere near as fit as it should have been in 2018. Seriously, how many times were we in a game (or leading one) up until about the 60th minute, then we'd just die in the arse and have nothing left to give or to fight off an opposition fight back?

Even our leading players (i.e. rep players) suffered with the possible exception of DCE who is arguably one of the fittest players in the NRL. For mine one of the obvious was actually Tom Trbojevic. How many times did he basically run out of gas 3/4 of the way through a game? Usually right at a point where we needed him to step up, his game involvement became less because he had nothing left in the tank. If you look at the mistakes he made in games such as that dropped ball against Penrith right in front of the posts, how many of them were made at the back end of games?

Dan Ferris is a fraud IMO. Take a look at the Titans when he was there, it was the same thing. Unfit players and a bucket load full of injuries. I know that injuries happen frequently in a contact sport like rugby league and it doesn't matter how fit a player is, sometimes things like an ACL happen. But soft tissue injuries in the NRL are often the result of a lack of fitness and that is what Manly had under Ferris the Fraud.

Sure we had injuries when Donny was last at Manly and no doubt will again, that is the nature of contact sport no matter how fit a player is. But they weren't as numerous as we seemed to have in the past 3 years under the Frauds watch.

When he played, Des was one of, if not the single fittest player in the competition (and that included renowned fitness freaks like Wayne Pearce). Donny is recognised as one of the best trainers, plus we have Matty Ballin back in the house and we all know how fit he was as a player and that he is a fully qualified trainer. The squad being a lot fitter will go a long way to improving our competitiveness on the field.

Last edited:
Not to stand up for the Bearded pot belly pig, but I am sure our soft tissue injuries where reported as remarkably few under the fat bearded one?

Not to stand up for the Bearded pot belly pig, but I am sure our soft tissue injuries where reported as remarkably few under the fat bearded one?
The players were definitely softer, is that what you are talking about? I saw plenty of heart strings being pulled regularly are they soft tissue?

Our team was nowhere near as fit as it should have been in 2018. Seriously, how many times were we in a game (or leading one) up until about the 60th minute, then we'd just die in the arse and have nothing left to give or to fight off an opposition fight back?

Even our leading players (i.e. rep players) suffered with the possible exception of DCE who is arguably one of the fittest players in the NRL. For mine one of the obvious was actually Tom Trbojevic. How many times did he basically run out of gas 3/4 of the way through a game? Usually right at a point where we needed him to step up, his game involvement became less because he had nothing left in the tank. If you look at the mistakes he made in games such as that dropped ball against Penrith right in front of the posts, how many of them were made at the back end of games?

Dan Ferris is a fraud IMO. Take a look at the Titans when he was there, it was the same thing. Unfit players and a bucket load full of injuries. I know that injuries happen frequently in a contact sport like rugby league and it doesn't matter how fit a player is, sometimes things like an ACL happen. But soft tissue injuries in the NRL are often the result of a lack of fitness and that is what Manly had under Ferris the Fraud.

Sure we had injuries when Donny was last at Manly and no doubt will again, that is the nature of contact sport no matter how fit a player is. But they weren't as numerous as we seemed to have in the past 3 years under the Frauds watch.

When he played, Des was one of, if not the single fittest player in the competition (and that included renowned fitness freaks like Wayne Pearce). Donny is recognised as one of the best trainers, plus we have Matty Ballin back in the house and we all know how fit he was as a player and that he is a fully qualified trainer. The squad being a lot fitter will go a long way to improving our competitiveness on the field.

Soft tissue injuries.... just like
Api - Broken bone in foot
Walker - Broken Eye socket from punch in the head
Jack G - Broken arm
Tanginoa - Ligaments in left knee
Jack G - Broken hand
Crocker - Ruptured ACL
Sironen - Ruptured ACL
Tafua - Broken collarbone

Look Ferris is bad enough that you don't have to make BS up - that just makes you look bad

While looking at the 2019 training pics i watched donny's video again, i just love his passion for it all.

When I played football I was unfit .... but then .. I blamed myself ... not the trainer or coach.

For mine one of the obvious was actually Tom Trbojevic. How many times did he basically run out of gas 3/4 of the way through a game? Usually right at a point where we needed him to step up, his game involvement became less because he had nothing left in the tank. If you look at the mistakes he made in games such as that dropped ball against Penrith right in front of the posts, how many of them were made at the back end of games?

V8 ... I think you could probably put a lot of that down to the fact he took 15 hit ups, 39 kick returns, made on average 2316 run metres and got invovled in 62 plays he didn't need to .. by half time .... wouldn't have mattered how fit he was ... he ran himself into the ground ....

No problem with his fitness in SOO or for Australia .....

PSS ... statistics provided by my imagination ...

Holden V8 is correct. DESpicable was the fittest RL player of his era. I recall watching some TV segments on his training regime which was revolutionary. A lot of rope climbing and skipping, as I remember.
Wonder if he still trains because he doesn't look in great shape.
Ballin, Monaghan and Singe are as fit a triumphant as you could get, so they will lead by example.
I'm looking forward to Manly being as fit as any team in the comp and finishing games strongly, not meekly as was the case too often in 2018.
Whether we have sufficient strike power in our backs is the worry. However, if they at least tackle till they drop then our forwards could win us our share of matches.

Soft tissue injuries.... just like
Api - Broken bone in foot
Walker - Broken Eye socket from punch in the head
Jack G - Broken arm
Tanginoa - Ligaments in left knee
Jack G - Broken hand
Crocker - Ruptured ACL
Sironen - Ruptured ACL
Tafua - Broken collarbone

Look Ferris is bad enough that you don't have to make BS up - that just makes you look bad
Of those 8 injuries only 3 are soft tissue injuries (the 3 knee ligament injuries).

When I played football I was unfit .... but then .. I blamed myself ... not the trainer or coach.

When I was an adolescent, I used to suffer bronchial asthma. I decided to play RU for the school. I remember facing a training regime that actually literally sent chills throughout my body and at one stage I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But I got through it and have never suffered bronchial asthma again. My overall fitness has fluctuated over the years but I thank that trainer for ensuring that I no longer suffered chest related ailments. Trainers have always been a blessing to my physical health and well being. At 68 I may not be in truly great shape, but I thank my gym trainers for keeping me mobile and active.

Has anyone seen a photo of Suli since the year started?

I am really curious to see if he looks any trimmer now that he's been training under Donny for a while.

When I was an adolescent, I used to suffer bronchial asthma. I decided to play RU for the school. I remember facing a training regime that actually literally sent chills throughout my body and at one stage I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But I got through it and have never suffered bronchial asthma again. My overall fitness has fluctuated over the years but I thank that trainer for ensuring that I no longer suffered chest related ailments. Trainers have always been a blessing to my physical health and well being. At 68 I may not be in truly great shape, but I thank my gym trainers for keeping me mobile and active.

I was just a shiitehouse trainer .... you would have been pleased to see Jade Anderson in the training squad ..... I think I heard his name called in the Koori cup on telly last week .... just caught the end of the game ...

No problem with his fitness in SOO or for Australia .....

Did you watch the test against Tonga? After about 65-70 minutes he was running on empty. Tonga actually almost scored a 60 metre try because he was so knackered after making a tackle that he couldn't even get near getting back in the line and they exploited that we had one less player in defence. It was only scrambling defence that prevented them from scoring while Tom was slowly jogging along 20-30 metres behind the play.

Did you watch the test against Tonga? After about 65-70 minutes he was running on empty. Tonga actually almost scored a 60 metre try because he was so knackered after making a tackle that he couldn't even get near getting back in the line and they exploited that we had one less player in defence. It was only scrambling defence that prevented them from scoring while Tom was slowly jogging along 20-30 metres behind the play.

Last year Tom had the 2nd highest number of run metres for the club .... and the 3rd highest number of runs/hit-ups ...... he is one very fit player ..... but even the fitest will have moments of the game when they push themselves to the limit ..... and Tom does that weekly ...

PSS .. Incidently Kapow lead both those stats. Jake was 2nd highest for the number of runs .... however unlike Kapow, Tom doesn't get a rest ...

And with the excellent typing-finger fitness required for this forum.:D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4