Some food for thought from Donny Singe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
7FEA22B1-11A7-481D-AC1F-33453419A134.jpeg

There has been very nominal things to cheer about at Brooky. We've been awful at home. We've lost our last 5 at home. We've also lost 11 of our last 14 games. We've lost 6 of our last 7 games. One loss away from being the worst ever run in our history.

And Don's telling us to cheer?

Good grief.

Good onya Donny .... Manly to the bone ..... !st, 2nd and 3rd lesson from the Arko days and a huge part of the old Manly culture ... NEVER BAG YOUR OWN! ...

... you can rip 'em to pieces in private or the dressing shed .... but never, ever publicly ..... Donnie is just old school Manly .... should be more of it ..

Good onya Donny .... Manly to the bone ..... !st, 2nd and 3rd lesson from the Arko days and a huge part of the old Manly culture ... NEVER BAG YOUR OWN! ...

... you can rip 'em to pieces in private or the dressing shed .... but never, ever publicly ..... Donnie is just old school Manly .... should be more of it ..
That leaves me with a dilemma Woodsie.
See I consider Silvertails to be a private association of Sea Eagles brothers and sisters.
So criticism is getting sh*t off your chest amongst ourselves.
Put it on twitter or the like and that is breaking the code.
Just how I see things.

See I consider Silvertails to be a private association of Sea Eagles brothers and sisters.
Just how I see things.

Very good point mate! It is a tough one as well - I don't get on here and tear into anyone all that often, if at all, but i understand why others do. I know that there would be staff, players and relatives that check out what is being said on here which is why I don't make any of my posts too personal, but again I understand the reasons behind those that do have a dig at individual players etc and that's the beauty of this being a platform to release some of that frustration in any way one feels compelled to.

Just how I see things.

.... that is as valid a code as any .... and yes I believe criticism on a forum is appropriate and acceptable ... however I personally draw the line at the disrespectful and insulting crap that has been written about Kelly by some and currently about Parker in another thread ....

... pathetic .. and against every fibre of being "Manly" that I was ever taught or witnessed ....

Woodsie - you should run for politics.....

If he is trying to say that all the players put in last match then I'll have to disagree.
The level of effort was nowhere near the same as the previous week against Melbourne.
We make an effort to get to the ground and the least we expect is to watch players put in.
Yeah... got to love Donny Singe, he loves the club and is exactly the kind of person we desperately need right now. However, this season has seen the Brookie faithful boo the team off the field more than once, and I consider them to be some of our most ardent supporters. They show up week in, week out, handing over their hard earned cash. I imagine they would be fair and reasonable judges regarding the teams performance. Last weekend saw the side leak more points than at any other time in our history. I suspect they weren’t just booing the teams inept performance, but also the overall state of the club in general. They are passionate fans... lose them, then what’s left? A bunch of golf clapping intellectuals, telling us to pull our heads in and that everything is ok because the boys are doing their best and trying real hard. No thanks, I’d rather the sausage roll eating, beer swilling, heart on your sleeve, booing supporter any day of the week.

Last edited:

Do Manly coaches fall under this same grace code?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4