Some clubs have whingers and some clubs have Innovators

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Nine News .... 14/11/ 23

'It's just jealousy': Roosters boss Nick Politis whacks Dragons stars over 'stupid' salary cap jab​

Sydney Roosters boss Nick Politis has been left fuming at a jab from the Dragons which suggested the club flouts the NRL's salary cap.

Politis was far from impressed after vision emerged of Dragons stars Jack Bird and Kyle Flanagan playing a game of charades to unveil the club's fixture for the 2024 season.

In the video, Bird is seen acting out a brown paper bag to signal the club's clash against the Roosters, with Flanagan correctly guessing the club.
"It's just jealousy and it's stupid. What do you say about them (the Dragons)? They don't know anything."

The Dragons' jab comes with the club attempting to pry star centre Joseph Manu away from the Roosters with a reported $5 million offer.

"I'm happy for other teams to be looking at us and we'll just focus on ourselves," added club CEO Joe Kelly.
"At the end of the day, that's all we can control. If others are looking across the fence they're probably a little bit distracted."

The NRL has floated the idea of salary cap exemptions being awarded to teams who sign players from rival codes.
It comes with the Roosters set to meet with Wallabies young gun Mark Nawaqanitawase over a potential move to the NRL in 2025.

"We always like no impact on the cap," Kelly said of potential cap exemptions.

"It's a tough, competitive environment and maximising your cap and being as efficient as possible is the way that you actually get ahead of the curve."

One player the Roosters weren't able to retain is young gun Joseph Suaalii, who is set to link up with Rugby Australia on a four-year deal from October 2024.

The deal runs through until the end of 2027, and Politis suggested Suaalii would be welcomed back to the club with open arms.
"Joseph is a good kid. It's sad that we've lost him to (rugby) union, but he tells us he's coming back in 2028," he said.

Kelly was asked about Suaalii and also refused to shut the door on a potential homecoming down the line.

"Every player that comes through our doors is a Rooster forever. I don't think a single player has left us (while) wanting to leave us," he said.

"We have a really great group of people here at the club, and I think when players do go they feel wedded to the organisation, the culture is strong and they always call themselves a Rooster, even if they go on and play at another club."

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10